Re: The Leica Q2

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi Everybody

Leica have just announced the Q2
    here are my thoughts about it.

Leica Q2

All the best
    Jono Slack
    When you can relax after posting your notice on three Facebook groups and four Fora, and before you start off to test the SL2, can I ask a question or two?

Most important, since this seems to be the 2019-2020 imaging system that might be used in more than one Leica model, how does it stack up?
    We can go to Sean Reid for fruit and vegetable accuracy, but you go in for brighter colors. Any surprises? How are the highlights -- does it handle them gracefully, or do you need to put in a safety factor with exposure compensation? Is there as much shadow detail to recover as on the M10 and CL?

You mention that Auto + PASM is rather confusing, but I don't even understand what that is trying to do for the user. Could you expand on that?

Does the lens really have OIS or is that done in software? And why does der Baron von Overgaard say not to use it?

What's the idea of having WiFi AND Bluetooth? Is the Bluetooth just to get date, time, and GPS from your phone? Have you used it?

Lovely review and very nice, albeit rather misty, pix!

cheers,

scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting review, Jono; thanks!

A question about the cropped mode, as I'm a bit confused. When you look in the viewfinder in a cropped mode, do you see all the 28mm view with a white-line box showing the crop (similar to what you see with an M viewfinder), or do you see a magnified view of what would be in the box?

If you see crop lines superimposed on the 28mm view, doesn't that mean that at 75mm there is a tiny box? Doesn't that make it hard to judge what's going on?

Keep up the good work? I wonder what's next
    Sláinte

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like

Great words and pictures, Jono. Can I just ask if the sample images are derived from DNGs or are they SOOC?

Thanks
    Lee

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post

A question about the cropped mode, as I'm a bit confused. When you look in the viewfinder in a cropped mode, do you see all the 28mm view with a white-line box showing the crop (similar to what you see with an M viewfinder), or do you see a magnified view of what would be in the box?

If you see crop lines superimposed on the 28mm view, doesn't that mean that at 75mm there is a tiny box? Doesn't that make it hard to judge what's going on?

Robert, I certainly don't want to speak for Jono. Heck, I'm certain I couldn't emulate his accent ...but I am positive the crops are seen in the Q2 viewfinder as a white color crop rectangle/box, much the same one sees in a M camera. It overlays the full 28mm view. Therefore the 75mm box is a small size relative to the entire 28mm field of view, somewhat akin to what one sees when the 90mm frame line is brought up in a camera like the M9, M240 etc.

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:37.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have they fixed the histogram in manual exposure mode?

Post Thanks / Like

Not that much over my D850 with a 28mm lens. Certainly not enough to make me buy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leica Q2 manual is online.
    Page 92 has image of the "digital zoom" modes: white lines in 28mm view.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Not that much over my D850 with a 28mm lens. Certainly not enough to make me buy it
    Wouldn't the photography world be boring if everybody had D850-s?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this your default “troll” in every thread? I think everyone underatands by now that you enjoy your D850. It’s a great camera but it’s not for everyone.

Thanks for the review Jono. Looks like a great successor to the original Q and I’m guessing we can/should expect the SL2 to employ the same sensor as the Q2 and S1R. It’ll be great for Leica users to finally have a 35mm high megapixel option as well for those that want to remain in the brand.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    Leica Q2 manual is online.
    Page 92 has image of the "digital zoom" modes: white lines in 28mm view.
    Thanks, it's what I thought. 35mm is OK, the others are a bit small IMO.
    Sláinte

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Robert, I certainly don't want to speak for Jono. Heck, I'm certain I couldn't emulate his accent ...but I am positive the crops are seen in the Q2 viewfinder as a white color crop rectangle/box, much the same one sees in a M camera. It overlays the full 28mm view. Therefore the 75mm box is a small size relative to the entire 28mm field of view, somewhat akin to what one sees when the 90mm frame line is brought up in a camera like the M9, M240 etc.

Dave (D&A)

Thanks; I downloaded the manual, and what you get is as if it were an M viewfinder.
    Sláinte

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it's what I thought. 35mm is OK, the others are a bit small IMO.
    Regardless of the preview, a good reminder in JS's review is that while a 35mm crop delivers a 30 megapixel file, the bokeh effect remains that of a 28mm lens. The same point goes with more emphasis at 50mm and 75mm crops.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for the review, Jono. It's a tempting camera, possibly the best value Leica. If they made a 50mm version I would be very tempted. Actually I am tempted even with the 28mm. My "carry everywhere" combo at the moment includes the MFT Zuiko 12mm, and that works just fine. Maybe I'm starting to grow up

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just what this place needs, a new toy dangled in front of us. I just don't know how many times I can keep selling my kidneys.

As always, an enjoyable read. Actually Jono, I just enjoy your photography. There is something very relaxing about it. Perhaps as a former resident of East Anglia, it is just nostalgia. But your images do reflect my experience of the country. I also can't get enough of your dog pictures...
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Without a question this camera will sell like hot cakes (at that tier) if the first Q did. This is so much better.

I already examined the RAW files from dpreview and pushed hard they do not seem to show the banding that the first Q sensor had.

A quip Jono - I am not sure the Leica Q is a camera that fits in a jacket pocket, but maybe I am missing some particular Jackets ;-)

I bet 500 million USD dollars that the sensor is made by Panasonic, the same one they are using in their new line of FF cameras S1 / S1R (not a bad thing). The main circuit and all etc is most likely Panasonic design, but the lens and specs are all Leica. (Again, not a bad thing).

If I was a 28mm shooter I would, but I have two issues- I am not a 28mm shooter and I really like small. A Ricoh GR III would be more my choice.

(not that again, this Leica Q2 doesn't look absolutely amazing.).

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jono for an excellent review of a convincing Leica. I wished it had a f2 or faster 35mm lens & wide angle converter.....
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Just what this place needs, a new toy dangled in front of us. I just don't know how many times I can keep selling my kidneys.

But your images do reflect my experience of the country. I also can't get enough of your dog pictures...
    I'd advise not selling more than one kidney. So perhaps keep your powder dry until the SL2 has been unveiled and the CL2 rumored.
    Even more than adorable dogs, I look forward with each new lens or camera to ever sharper-looking grandkids and Chinese potential in-laws in tea-farming country. It has been quite a story.
    pre 2015: http://www.pbase.com/skirkp
    current: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You were never going to buy regardless of how good the Leica is ...
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As normal Jono, a great real world review vs the slew of click bait that turned up today.

It's the worthy successor to the Q and RX1RII (which I miss after selling it). I'd certainly consider one as my compact travel camera although I'd have to test it against my M10 WATE/35 Lux, 90 Elmarit system.
    Last edited by GrahamWelland; 1 Week Ago at 02:21.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

I love your reviews - always fun to read while providing just the right detail (for me)!

WRT Q2, this actually becomes finally a very viable option now for me as

1) for many purposes I would use a digital M with my still wonderful M lenses now, the Q2 would just nicely do it. Mainly I could see myself using it for 28 and 35mm shots while when needed even 50mm crop seems still to be very reasonable now.
    2) 4k functionality together with HD slow motion in such a small and weather sealed package with Leica colours and lens quality is very tempting.
    3) Finally the SL battery - an absolutely brilliant move by Leica as this would make me lust again for an SL2 or maybe even better a used SL

I am really interested!
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great Review Jono -

Whilst on the topic 47 is now the new 24....

I'm looking forward to the 47MP "M11" - and people trying to focus the thing using a rangefinder....

If I were in the market for a single 'slow' lensed camera with a leaf shutter 1/2000th limited - the Q2 would be certainly considered.

Pete

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the new tool.
    Why would anyone want to use the Q2 to shoot a 75mm focal length image?
    I don’t get the thinking behind that approach.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Because you can, I guess.
    pre 2015: http://www.pbase.com/skirkp
    current: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Enjoy the new tool.
    I don’t get the thinking behind that approach.
    For people who get a long fine with the wide angle of 28/35 FOV for most of their shots, but occasionally want to shoot some casual portraits. Why not?

I think with the high MP sensors digital zoom has become more practical. Of course the Q2 wouldnt not be my first choice for a portrait session. but if I go on a hike, bring the Q2 for landscape images and then also want to take an image of the kids or the dog (which will be used on screen or for small prints) its a nice to have IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the first Q and for the most part enjoyed it, but realized it did not offer the utility of a ILC. The 47mp will show any user error far more than 24mp, but at least will allow more generous crops. The Q2 is a little late to the party considering all the new cameras from Nikon, Canon and Lumix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    I had the first Q and for the most part enjoyed it, but realized it did not offer the utility of a ILC. The 47mp will show any user error far more than 24mp, but at least will allow more generous crops. The Q2 is a little late to the party considering all the new cameras from Nikon, Canon and Lumix.
    Depends on what you consider a “party “.

The original Q was IMHO the best all around travel camera available . Functionally it did everything exceedingly well . Its a beautifully made camera ,produces very high image quality , has fast accurate AF and a stellar fast lens .

Its limitation has always been its a fixed lens solution and if you do not prefer 28mm as a standard FOV ...then probably not for you .

With a 47MP sensor ,faster Maestro2 processor , and weather sealing ...the Q2 is even better for travel .

Its weaknesses (or design limitations ) should be well known . The fast summilux lens is weak on the corners and after in camera corrections ....not the edge to edge sharpness sought for landscape . Its LCD is decent but it could be better if you intent would be to use it as a portable landscape system and focus off the rear LCD with a loupe /or magnified view .

Image quality should allow easily for prints thru 13x19 and with care larger ...but it will not match the MF alternatives or even the probably the S1R when it is released .

Its a purpose built design and as good as it gets in its niche .
    Roger Dunham
    http://rogerdunham.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jono

Since you have tested both I’m wondering how the rendering of the 35 summicron on the SL compares with the rendering of the Q2’s at 35.

I have the 16-35 and your comparison has made me wonder if I need the 35.

Hope your review of the SL2 and 28 summicron show up soon.

Thanks

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual, an excellent review and lovely photos, Jono!

The Q2 is a much more appealing camera than the Q, to me. The higher resolution makes it, never mind the weather sealing. The one accessory that would make it complete, for me, would be an optically matched 1.5x front-element teleconverter for those moments when just a little more reach with a little more pixel resolution would be appropriate. Not every subject needs 50 MPixel resolution ... I sold a lot of work made with a 4 Mpixel camera. But a bit more reach is often a necessity.

I don't think a Q will replace my CL because of the latter's system versatility (and inexpensive available batteries...), but the weather sealing and simplicity of a one lens camera choice is appealing to me.

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Post Thanks / Like

I've not *read* your review Jono ….. I just look at the pictures - they are truly wonderful .
    Ian.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scott kirkpatrick View Post
    When you can relax after posting your notice on three Facebook groups and four Fora, and before you start off to test the SL2, can I ask a question or two?

Most important, since this seems to be the 2019-2020 imaging system that might be used in more than one Leica model, how does it stack up?
    We can go to Sean Reid for fruit and vegetable accuracy, but you go in for brighter colors. Any surprises? How are the highlights -- does it handle them gracefully, or do you need to put in a safety factor with exposure compensation? Is there as much shadow detail to recover as on the M10 and CL?

You mention that Auto + PASM is rather confusing, but I don't even understand what that is trying to do for the user. Could you expand on that?

Does the lens really have OIS or is that done in software? And why does der Baron von Overgaard say not to use it?

What's the idea of having WiFi AND Bluetooth? Is the Bluetooth just to get date, time, and GPS from your phone? Have you used it?

Lovely review and very nice, albeit rather misty, pix!

cheers,

scott
    HI There Scott
    I think the sensor seems fine - I've not had trouble with blown highlights, and the detail etc. seems fine - shadow detail seems to be at least as good as the CL (perhaps better). To be honest, if it's 'good enough' then I tend not to go much further - I haven't really shot at 50ISO, but it might be good to do a comparison between it and 100 when I get back. We're off to France tomorrow, skiing, and if the weather forecast is wrong (which seems to suggest it will just rain) I might be able to check higher contrast stuff.

The Auto / PASM on the rear dial would need some more investigation (bit busy packing now), I would always have it on exposure compensation anyway.

I think it does have optical image stabilisation - I'll see if I can check up on that one - no idea why Thorsten says not to use it . . .

Bluetooth can keep connected at much lower power - you should be able to put location co-ordinates etc. from the phone into the exif, but Fotos doesn't seem to support it yet.

All the best
    Jono

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi there
    Thank you - hope you're flourishing
    it works as if it was a rangefinder, although you get white complete lines in the viewfinder - it's good! The 75 box is quite small, but easy to see what's happening. . . . Personally, to be honest, most of the time I didn't bother to use these modes, but it's good to know you can crop easily.

Ah! What's next! no idea

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Great words and pictures, Jono. Can I just ask if the sample images are derived from DNGs or are they SOOC?

Thanks
    Lee
    Hi There Lee
    all processed DNG files I'm afraid - easy processing!

all the best

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TimWright View Post
    Hi Jono

Since you have tested both I’m wondering how the rendering of the 35 summicron on the SL compares with the rendering of the Q2’s at 35.

I have the 16-35 and your comparison has made me wonder if I need the 35.

Hope your review of the SL2 and 28 summicron show up soon.

Thanks
    HI There
    I haven't actually done a comparison between the 35/sl and the Q2, and sadly I now can't (the 35 has been returned to Leica).
    But to be honest I think the point of the 35 'cron is to shoot it wide open, and I don't think the Q2 files would be as good (no criticism, as the 35 might just be the best lens ever made).

Best

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The Leica Q2. - Thank You

Hi There
    I would just like to say a big THANK YOU for all the nice words.
    It is quite a lot of work putting these things together but it really does make it all worthwhile.

Really Really

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

HI There
    I haven't actually done a comparison between the 35/sl and the Q2, and sadly I now can't (the 35 has been returned to Leica).
    But to be honest I think the point of the 35 'cron is to shoot it wide open, and I don't think the Q2 files would be as good (no criticism, as the 35 might just be the best lens ever made).

Best
    Thanks Jono sort of what I thought. I was almost ready to dump the SL until I tried the 90 cron and could not believe the quality and I’m now hooked. I found that I had more keepers from the original Q than I did from the M10 and my best shots with the 28 Summicron and the 50 lux were on the SL. I’m thinking the Q2 and the SL with 50 lux and 90 cron in the bag might be the perfect kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everybody

Leica have just announced the Q2
    here are my thoughts about it.

Leica Q2

All the best
    Jono Slack
    Hi again Jono- I know this is a lot of work, but do you happen to have any shots taken in the 75mm crop mode (6.6MP)? Curious how that looks like for a portrait. Not sure if you had a shot like that in your blog, maybe I missed it.

Thanks either way!

- Ricardo

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Doug
    I hope you’re well. It would be a bit smaller though.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    Hi again Jono- I know this is a lot of work, but do you happen to have any shots taken in the 75mm crop mode (6.6MP)? Curious how that looks like for a portrait. Not sure if you had a shot like that in your blog, maybe I missed it.

Thanks either way!

- Ricardo
    Hi Ricardo
    I hope you’re flourishing
    I’ll see what I can do, I don’t think I have anything shot explicitly at 75mm (I tend to crop after the event)
    All the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    As usual, an excellent review and lovely photos, Jono!

The Q2 is a much more appealing camera than the Q, to me. The higher resolution makes it, never mind the weather sealing. The one accessory that would make it complete, for me, would be an optically matched 1.5x front-element teleconverter for those moments when just a little more reach with a little more pixel resolution would be appropriate. Not every subject needs 50 MPixel resolution ... I sold a lot of work made with a 4 Mpixel camera. But a bit more reach is often a necessity.

I don't think a Q will replace my CL because of the latter's system versatility (and inexpensive available batteries...), but the weather sealing and simplicity of a one lens camera choice is appealing to me.

G
    YEEEEESSSSS PlEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE!!! I'm still shocked Leica or a third party hasn't done this yet!!! I'd actually prefer a 2x, but would take either. Even if it was expensive, I'd buy one in a second.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoshMerwin View Post
    YEEEEESSSSS PlEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE!!! I'm still shocked Leica or a third party hasn't done this yet!!! I'd actually prefer a 2x, but would take either. Even if it was expensive, I'd buy one in a second.
    Alternatively they could bring a Q2 sibling with a 40 f2 (or 35) and a wide angle converter.

Post Thanks / Like

Converter lenses for the Q2 would be great, similar to what Fuji has done very successfully with their X100 series.

Always great for a small and effective and still high quality setup. Although the prize for a Leica certified converter lens would be huge

Post Thanks / Like

New interesting article about crop to zoom on macfilos

https://www.macfilos.com/2019/03/11/...-optical-crop/

This was to be expected and shows the high quality of this 28mm lens in combination with the 47MP sensor.

I think I could very well live with that ....
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what I also thought.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I've adapted front element converters to other cameras/lenses in the past with good results. It's a lot easier to make decent quality with a tele converter than a wide converter of this type..

Here's a page with a few of them... I've owned and used most of these (not the Nikon) at one time or another:
    http://pages.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/...Telephoto.html

The Olympus converters are, in general and from my experience, the best. If Leica would deign to design their own specifically for the Q/Q2, I'm sure it would be even better...

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    Alternatively they could bring a Q2 sibling with a 40 f2 (or 35) and a wide angle converter.
    Or even better [for me] a 28mm to 40mm impeccable zoom of whatever maximum f stop the lens design lands at to utilise the whole sensor at both ends of the range. That would be all my working range in one camera. However, and like even the sprighliest member here; I don't have enough years left to wait for it's introduction.

It was just a dream some of us had ................ Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by local camera dealer yesterday who had a Q2 demo to handle. Played with it a few minutes and offer the following:

• Its neat. Has lots of appeal. Works well, fast, silently.
    • Its not that small... kind of like a M with a Summilux on it. It won't go in a pocket, and its got some heft.
    • Frame lines are nice enough - rather liked the operation with the 35mm best. AF was fast, accurate. Shutter very quiet. All good.
    • Easy to use, but a lot of complexity built in under the hood. Some things are very straightforward, others need some time and use.
    • Most importantly, the viewfinder is a delight. Did a side by side with a G9, and while the G9 is nice enough, the Q2 finder is pleasant on the eyes. Easy to use and somehow just nicer to look through. One of the first EVF that one would enjoy using.

Its appealing enough. Not sure its worth giving up an M for, but could be good "one lens" travel camera. Definitely fun.

PS - one other note - does anyone else notice that the colors from the Q just seem more delicate? Even on the screen... softer and much less grating on the eye. Its even this way in EVF.
    Last edited by Geoff; 6 Days Ago at 04:41. Reason: added PS
    www.gigi-photos.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
    Or even better [for me] a 28mm to 40mm impeccable zoom of whatever maximum f stop the lens design lands at to utilise the whole sensor at both ends of the range. That would be all my working range in one camera. However, and like even the sprighliest member here; I don't have enough years left to wait for it's introduction.

It was just a dream some of us had ................ Chris
    I understand the sentiment, but it's never worked for me. I'll take a fast 28 f/1.8 with a 50 Mpixel sensor backing it up over any short zoom that's slower. I just can't get into shooting methodologies with zoom lenses except as used as a practical compromise at the focal length extremes ... my typical shooting is between 24 and 90 mm FoV equivalents, an ultra wide zoom (16 to 35) and a long zoom (90-300) make sense for when I might occasionally want wider and longer.

The Q2 remains interesting to me. A Hasselblad X1D with the 21mm lens is also interesting to me. The versatility of having a good lens with enough pixels to back it up for cropping and such in rendering is proving appealing, as I'm also discovering with the Light L16. The L16 is more compact than either, but compared to either it lacks responsiveness and the image processing workflow is somewhat tedious and time consuming. Pluses and minuses... as always.

The biggest obstacle to placing an order immediately for any new camera is that I have plenty of cameras already that I really like. It's hard for me to justify the expense to myself...

G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I've adapted front element converters to other cameras/lenses in the past with good results. It's a lot easier to make decent quality with a tele converter than a wide converter of this type..

Here's a page with a few of them... I've owned and used most of these (not the Nikon) at one time or another:
    http://pages.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/...Telephoto.html

The Olympus converters are, in general and from my experience, the best. If Leica would deign to design their own specifically for the Q/Q2, I'm sure it would be even better...

G
    Thanks. I have tried a few and ran into issues with a lot of vignetting.. I think the way the lens is made to be wide, affects this a lot. has anyone used on of these inntthr link with the Q?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I have tried a few and ran into issues with a lot of vignetting.. I think the way the lens is made to be wide, affects this a lot. has anyone used on of these inntthr link with the Q?
    I would expect the tele converters to work well on the wide Q lens presuming you used at least the 50mm cropping lines as a baseline. Any wider than that and I am pretty sure there would be vignetting. The point, for me, would be to get an effective 75 to 90 mm eqFoV with a bit more pixel resolution than 6.6 MPixels.

Not much more, for sure. It's been my theory/idea for some time that you need more resolution for wide lens photographs than long lens photographs, due to the detailing required to make a wide lens photo sing.

G