The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

BEWARE...Celebrities Like Leica Shooters' Equipment

Reynolds

Workshop Member
POP STAR MILEY CYRUS HOOKED ON LEICA CAMERA
Home » News » Pop star Miley Cyrus hooked on Leica camera
Monday 6th April 2009
Chris Cheesman
American pop princess Miley Cyrus has developed a fascination for Leica, according to an online news report.

The 16-year-old, who stars as 'Hannah Montana' in the Disney TV show of the same name, borrowed a photographer's Leica M8 digital rangefinder and kept it for three weeks, reports the Daily Contributor.

Cyrus was being photographed for an online version of Life magazine. Editor-at-Large Jeff Vespa said: 'When our photographer pulled out his Leica M8, Miley was instantly fascinated.'

The photographer said: 'I thought that was a great way for us to bond, so I showed her how to use the camera… Because she's so into the camera, I said ''Hey, do you wanna borrow it?'' So I left it with her.'

Leica has a history of high-profile users including legendary musician Eric Clapton, jazz singer Jamie Cullum, and the Queen.

Leica Camera Limited's managing director David Bell said: 'When you think of it, celebs spend their life surrounded by cameras clicking at them and operated by a cocktail of photographers!

'Fortunately for Leica our pro users tend to be the type of photographers that celebs may warm to more and thus their equipment may have more interest to the celeb.'

L

LivingFiction

Congratulations Leica lovers, you've been accepted by the hollywood elite, that's a pretty exclusive honor, shared by the likes of:

Drinking
Partying
Kabbalah
Sex Tapes
Scientology
and now Leica!

I'd better remove my tongue from my cheek before it gets stuck there ;)

Lloyd

Congratulations Leica lovers, you've been accepted by the hollywood elite, that's a pretty exclusive honor, shared by the likes of:

Drinking
Partying
Kabbalah
Sex Tapes
Scientology
and now Leica!

I'd better remove my tongue from my cheek before it gets stuck there ;)
Hey!!! :angry::angry::angry: :cussing: Watch it!! I know where you live!:D

Drinking
Partying
Kabbalah
Sex Tapes
Scientology
and now Leica!
What's your point? Aside from Scientology, it sounds like a pretty good time. :p

W

wparsons

When I visited my dealer in Boston recently, I was told that they have been visited by Robyn Williams, who is a proud M8 owner. They have a souvenir pic of him to commemorate the visit to the store.

Riccis

The ones that I know that use Leica produce very strong images and are not fondlers or collectors like many out there :D

Cheers,

Z

z-geif

this happened to me working last weekend while shooting the dead.
phil lesh is a m8 owner as well, he took my photo and i took his...

rothbury 2009

Lloyd

this happened to me working last weekend while shooting the dead.
phil lesh is a m8 owner as well, he took my photo and i took his...

rothbury 2009

Nice! Great first post... let's see more! :thumbup::thumbup:

R

Ranger 9

Isn't this a bit pathetic?

Statistically, I would expect that there are a lot more celebrities who do their party snaps with Canon or Nikon equipment. Yet you don't see Canon or Nikon managing directors issuing fawning statements about it, or Canon or Nikon users enthusing about it.

Yes, I'm in a crappy mood today.