The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trimmed my lens kit, swapped Noctilux to APO Summicron

I had a lovely time shooting with the Noctilux 0.95 for the past 2,5 years - when I was actually shooting with it. And there lies the problem.. Even though while out shooting, I didn't really notice the weight, subconsciously it was causing me to leave it home.

After some soul searching, I made the call and swapped it for the 50 APO.

Now kit is all Summicrons: 28/2 Asph (latest) and 50 APO. Lovely kit for sure :)

Anyway, without further ado, here's a pic of the kit and the necessary first test shot with the APO, of a cat! :cool:

The cat pic was taken wide open, naturally. What's cool is that, in the original file, if I enlarge the cats left eye (where focus point is), I can see my own reflection in it!

IMG_0857.jpgIMG_0855.jpg

Paratom

I had a lovely time shooting with the Noctilux 0.95 for the past 2,5 years - when I was actually shooting with it. And there lies the problem.. Even though while out shooting, I didn't really notice the weight, subconsciously it was causing me to leave it home.

After some soul searching, I made the call and swapped it for the 50 APO.

Now kit is all Summicrons: 28/2 Asph (latest) and 50 APO. Lovely kit for sure :)

Anyway, without further ado, here's a pic of the kit and the necessary first test shot with the APO, of a cat! :cool:

The cat pic was taken wide open, naturally. What's cool is that, in the original file, if I enlarge the cats left eye (where focus point is), I can see my own reflection in it!

View attachment 142600View attachment 142601
Great kit, I also exchanged my Noctilux 0.95 for the 50 APO some time ago and never regretted it. Ok, sometimes I think the Noctilux is unique, but for 95% of the images the APO50 is the perfect lens for the M IMO.