Site Sponsors

Thread: Trimmed my lens kit, swapped Noctilux to APO Summicron

Post Thanks / Like

Trimmed my lens kit, swapped Noctilux to APO Summicron

I had a lovely time shooting with the Noctilux 0.95 for the past 2,5 years - when I was actually shooting with it. And there lies the problem.. Even though while out shooting, I didn't really notice the weight, subconsciously it was causing me to leave it home.

After some soul searching, I made the call and swapped it for the 50 APO.

Now kit is all Summicrons: 28/2 Asph (latest) and 50 APO. Lovely kit for sure

Anyway, without further ado, here's a pic of the kit and the necessary first test shot with the APO, of a cat!

The cat pic was taken wide open, naturally. What's cool is that, in the original file, if I enlarge the cats left eye (where focus point is), I can see my own reflection in it!

Name:  IMG_0857.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  114.3 KBName:  IMG_0855.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  221.6 KB
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trimmed my lens kit, swapped Noctilux to APO Summicron

Quote Originally Posted by jlindstrom View Post
    I had a lovely time shooting with the Noctilux 0.95 for the past 2,5 years - when I was actually shooting with it. And there lies the problem.. Even though while out shooting, I didn't really notice the weight, subconsciously it was causing me to leave it home.

After some soul searching, I made the call and swapped it for the 50 APO.

Now kit is all Summicrons: 28/2 Asph (latest) and 50 APO. Lovely kit for sure

Anyway, without further ado, here's a pic of the kit and the necessary first test shot with the APO, of a cat!

The cat pic was taken wide open, naturally. What's cool is that, in the original file, if I enlarge the cats left eye (where focus point is), I can see my own reflection in it!

Name:  IMG_0857.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  114.3 KBName:  IMG_0855.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  221.6 KB
    Great kit, I also exchanged my Noctilux 0.95 for the 50 APO some time ago and never regretted it. Ok, sometimes I think the Noctilux is unique, but for 95% of the images the APO50 is the perfect lens for the M IMO.