The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica M-E (Typ. 240)

D&A

Thanks to Capture Integration, I received this today... everything you need to know::):):)

https://captureintegration.com/leic...ail&utm_term=0_ae5a958d17-8c87cae7d4-53190345
Then let me be the 1st to congratulate you (although I assume Capture Integration has done that already). Wow Dave, a 'Giant Leap Forward", in the spirit of the 50th Anniversary of the 1st steps on the moon. Looking forward to many wonderful images taken by you with this camera, especially the 1at image....although I will be sorely disappointed if its not the obligatory cat photo. No cat? No problem. Nearby shelters have many who are both photogenic and looking for their forever homes and just waiting to be the subject of Leica lens resolution tests. :). In all seriousness, have fun, you most definitely deserve it!

Dave (D&A)

biglouis

Sorry to raise this issue but has the sensor now been fixed? An attractive price for a Leica DRF body. I recall they did the same with the M9 when it was on its way out.

LouisB

dave.gt

Then let me be the 1st to congratulate you (although I assume Capture Integration has done that already). Wow Dave, a 'Giant Leap Forward", in the spirit of the 50th Anniversary of the 1st steps on the moon. Looking forward to many wonderful images taken by you with this camera, especially the 1at image....although I will be sorely disappointed if its not the obligatory cat photo. No cat? No problem. Nearby shelters have many who are both photogenic and looking for their forever homes and just waiting to be the subject of Leica lens resolution tests. :). In all seriousness, have fun, you most definitely deserve it!

Dave (D&A)
Good morning, Dave,

After a couple of hours sleep, I awoke to see that my post was ambiguous about the CI newsletter.:facesmack: That was all I received, no camera, sadly, however, if you know of a program through the manufacturer that would allow them to ship one for further testing.... then I'm their man!!!!:thumbs:

Apologies for my poor communication, it seems that I am still disoriented and not fully up to speed yet.

Now about that cat. We love cats! But after a very long history of pet ownership, we have not been able to to continue that enjoyable pursuit. Having said that, we are always open to short-duration pet-sharing for therapeutic purposes. :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

dave.gt

Sorry to raise this issue but has the sensor now been fixed? An attractive price for a Leica DRF body. I recall they did the same with the M9 when it was on its way out.

LouisB
Sensor problem with CMOS sensors? I am not aware of that. IIRC, the CCD sendor had the corrosion problem but the new M-E is not a CCD sensor.

The new M-E is essentially a re-named Typ. 240 with a different finish and upgraded buffer as far as I know.

JohnBrew

Dave, check out used M (240) prices versus this new M-E. IMO, Leica is just re-cycling M parts leftover from the production run. Personally I never appreciated the CMOS sensor over the CCD. But this is just me.

dave.gt

Dave, check out used M (240) prices versus this new M-E. IMO, Leica is just re-cycling M parts leftover from the production run. Personally I never appreciated the CMOS sensor over the CCD. But this is just me.
Wise recommendation there! :)It seems there are some good buys out there and I am even considering a Monochrom. It seems that the CCD sensor has my attention as well, as long as it has the new sensor...:thumbup:

No rush, it will take awhile to save up the cash, after paying off the recent hospital bill. :shocked:

And now, your suggestion leads me to yet more searches!

Thanks, John, there is always a lot of joy in the quest!

D&A

Agree very much with John. As many know, I am quite partial to the M9's CCD color output (utilizing it's RAW files.)

Dave D&A)

richardman

Only ISO 2000? Kind of a low bar...is there something wrong with the M10 sensor?
I mean with the fabled CCD colors ;-)

I actually don't know if the CMOS colors are worse. I only have an M9. So this is really in reference to the above reply where Ashwin Rao was mentioned to have switched from M9 to M240 and then back...

richardman

And I don't even have $1600 to fix my M9 corroded sensor, so trying out a M240 or M-E 240, or M10 is out of the question.

dave.gt

I mean with the fabled CCD colors ;-)

I actually don't know if the CMOS colors are worse. I only have an M9. So this is really in reference to the above reply where Ashwin Rao was mentioned to have switched from M9 to M240 and then back...
Ah, thanks, I do not know Ashwyn or the history of which you speak... nor do I have experience with the CMOS sensors. However, I am eager to make the acquaintance with all of the above!

What I have been observing is the passionate following of CCD sensor Leicas, specifically the M9 (and M9 variants), and the Leica S (not the 007). This appreciation of "older" Leicas is one of the endearing characteristics of the brand products, similar to the followings of legendary film cameras from Hasselblad, Rolleiflex, etc. :thumbup:

It is all good!:)