The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica M-E (Typ. 240)

dave.gt

And I don't even have $1600 to fix my M9 corroded sensor, so trying out a M240 or M-E 240, or M10 is out of the question.
Totally understand, I have a similar problem of very limited resources. But it is like running a never-ending marathon, through winding streets among hundreds of other passionate participants. Occasionally one finds a break, when the crowd has cleared, and the opportunity to run one's own race is open and the experience becomes even sweeter. Patience and time are the underlying enablers along the way.

I have always wanted an M9. But life got in the way and amidst the noise, I was put off by the sensor problems. However, I never say never... who knows, one might be right around the corner with a little patience and good fortune. No worries as I am enjoying stretching my capabilities with a Nikon D2x lately. The FM2n is up for exercise soon and then there are the Nikkormats.

And just for fun, I always enjoy the Leica X1 for its size, and quality images. I have been using it for Milky Way images and long exposures around falling waters in the mountains. And the beach. And family gatherings. And, well, the list is endless.

All is good, I am a patient person when it comes to Photography.:thumbs: