The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica LTM mount lenses

jdphoto

I'm looking for reviews of Leica LTM lenses. These could be any manufacture that made lenses in the LTM mount. What are considered the best in terms of character, resolution, flare, etc.? Any focal length will do, but my guess is 135mm is probably the longest, but what's the fastest? Thanks for any input.

Godfrey

Far as I'm concerned, all the LTM lenses l've had are delightful—from ancient ones that I had in yesteryear to the relatively new Voigtländer Color-Skopar 28 and 50 mm lenses I still own. I don't really see much point to reading reviews about them ... some are better on test charts than others, but why really care about that? What's fabulous about these lenses isn't how well they shoot test charts but how their qualities in making real photographs enhances what you're doing.

Voigtländer made a few fast Noktons in LTM ... I had the 50/1.5 and the 40/1.4 and both were very nice performers.

My favorite of the modern LTM lenses is a toss up between the Voigtländer 28/3.5 and 50/2.5 ... Not super fast, but compact, beautiful rendering, lovely size and weight. I use them today, occasionally, with M-bayonet mount adapter on my Leica CL where they give me that nice combination of wide-normal and short-portrait-tele FoVs, or on my M4-2.

G

SKueh

The Voiglander color Skopar 28/3.5 LTM is a gem. Very well built. The other gem is the Konica UC-Hexanon 35/2 LTM.
On the top of LTM list, I think it is the Konica Hexanon 60/1.2 LTM, a very much sought after lens and very hard to come by.

S.Kueh

Last edited:

Shashin

I had the first version of the Voightlander 12mm f/5.6 which was a LTM. It is a really nice lens, but I was using it on a m4/2, so I am unsure of performance on a larger sensor. I am sure you can do some searching if you are looking for such an extreme lens.