Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unhealthy Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Unhealthy Forums

I have deleted any links that I may have had to the Leica SL Forum. There lurks a level of insanity that I have not seen since my days as a medical intern, rotating through a city psyche unit.

It appears that many participants have lost all sense of reality and purpose, and have latched onto the Leica SL/2 as an object of extreme affection, to the extent that they will apparently defend its existence and alleged superiority with the ferocity of a devout cult follower.

The DPI forum is a breath of fresh air where sanity prevails.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unhealthy Forums

this too will pass...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are describing the current events on Capital Hill!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    this too will pass...
    What will pass, the insanity? Unfortunately, it's likely due to a genetic imprint ... IMO, not resolvable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DwF View Post
    Sounds like you are describing the current events on Capital Hill!
    Agreed. A coup to beat all coups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ron787 View Post
    I have deleted any links that I may have had to the Leica SL Forum. There lurks a level of insanity that I have not seen since my days as a medical intern, rotating through a city psyche unit.

It appears that many participants have lost all sense of reality and purpose, and have latched onto the Leica SL/2 as an object of extreme affection, to the extent that they will apparently defend its existence and alleged superiority with the ferocity of a devout cult follower.

The DPI forum is a breath of fresh air where sanity prevails.
    Leica SL forum where.........here or over at the Leica Forum?

Neil
    My all NEW Website can be seen HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post

Neil
    Well, we can guess hopefully he is talking about the same forum you had problems with yourself, not here at GetDPI. It is not clear at all, so...

Merry Christmas to all and may you have a Happy New Year!!!
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Neil
    It is too quite here to be a cause for trouble :-).

For the record, I find LUF an excellent source of information. It is the place to go if you want to learn something about Leica cameras.

I assume that ron787 is ron777 on LUF (trying to understand his reasons for unhappiness with LUF).

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

thats the internet. sometimes great source of information, sometimes a place of unregulated useless discussions. IMO all that helps is to decide on your own which disuccions make sense and which discussion do not make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Neil
    Not here, the Leica Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    thats the internet. sometimes great source of information, sometimes a place of unregulated useless discussions. IMO all that helps is to decide on your own which disuccions make sense and which discussion do not make sense.
    Couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    It is too quite here to be a cause for trouble :-).

For the record, I find LUF an excellent source of information. It is the place to go if you want to learn something about Leica cameras.

I assume that ron787 is ron777 on LUF (trying to understand his reasons for unhappiness with LUF).
    Leica Forum, IMO and experience, is not really an open forum in terms of discussion. While there are some open minded contributors, the majority appear to be comprised of single minded individuals, whose primary interest seems to revolve around demeaning competitive brands by claiming Red Dot superiority, when a review of the site will reveal, for example, many SL2 complaints ranging from noisy images to operational deficiencies that the contributors tend to minimize or attribute to newness. No such complaints, to my knowledge, have been lodged against their target—the Panasonic S1r.

I have been a longtime Leica user, and have owned just about every Leica ever produced—going back to their early film camera days—with the exception of the recently released SL2, whose UI does not interest me. And while I have supported the brand and still own and use Leica SL lenses, I would not hesitate to point out and admit to its deficiencies, while a significant number of forum contributors go out of their way to make excuses.

In addition, and perhaps most importantly, there has been, and possibly still is, a considerable amount of anger being tossed about that has been directed towards dissenters, or those who make the egregious error of favoring another FF brand (apparently, it's OK to own and use the much talked about Hasselblad, since it is not viewed as a competitor).

A forum, by nature and IMO, should be open to the discussion of the good, the bad and the ugly, without fear of emotionally tinged, verbal reprisal. Differences of opinion, on the other hand, can be the catalysts of discussion that can be both educational and stimulating, without the need for sophomoric taunting.

So, there you have it, an explanation for my departure from the Leica Forum.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@ron787

You must be very frustrated?
    You can shoot more pictures.
    You cannot change the people.
    Please post here the deficiencies of SL2.

Jochen

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leica Forum, IMO and experience, is not really an open forum in terms of discussion. While there are some open minded contributors, the majority appear to be comprised of single minded individuals, whose primary interest seems to revolve around demeaning competitive brands by claiming Red Dot superiority, when a review of the site will reveal, for example, many SL2 complaints ranging from noisy images to operational deficiencies that the contributors tend to minimize or attribute to newness. No such complaints, to my knowledge, have been lodged against their target—the Panasonic S1r.

I have been a longtime Leica user, and have owned just about every Leica ever produced—going back to their early film camera days—with the exception of the recently released SL2, whose UI does not interest me. And while I have supported the brand and still own and use Leica SL lenses, I would not hesitate to point out and admit to its deficiencies, while a significant number of forum contributors go out of their way to make excuses.

In addition, and perhaps most importantly, there has been, and possibly still is, a considerable amount of anger being tossed about that has been directed towards dissenters, or those who make the egregious error of favoring another FF brand (apparently, it's OK to own and use the much talked about Hasselblad, since it is not viewed as a competitor).

A forum, by nature and IMO, should be open to the discussion of the good, the bad and the ugly, without fear of emotionally tinged, verbal reprisal. Differences of opinion, on the other hand, can be the catalysts of discussion that can be both educational and stimulating, without the need for sophomoric taunting.

So, there you have it, an explanation for my departure from the Leica Forum.
    Sorry to read that you had a poor experience in LUF - sometimes it boils down to what one's expectations are in any place. However these types of declarations make for tedious reading and dont add much of interest to the forum - do they?

Still - in order to promote some sort of discussion I'll these personal observations.

The most interesting sections of LUF (for me anyway) are the general photography sections - where people post their photographs.

I've got little time or interest in reading people's views on why their choice of camera or lens is better than someone else's different choices.

You seem to have some strong views about the 'deficiencies' of the SL2 V something different - Panasonic came out with their L mount cameras a lot earlier than Leica's SL2 was announced. Many SL users (like me) didn't know if Leica were going to bring out an SL2. Many posters in the LUF L mount forum(s) bought Panasonic cameras and are quite happy with their choices and quite vocal about their preferences - I'm surprised that you felt taunted by your favouring of Panasonic since so many posters in LUF are actual users of the Panasonic cameras and quite vocal about the correctness of their decisions and quite detailed about the superiority of this or that thing V this or that thing that Leica does...

No camera company can please everyone - so no surprises when people discuss different cameras from different needs and experience levels and expectations - disagree with each other's choice of camera.

If one peels the layers of the onion - inevitably discussions end up revolving around some reference to price V value. It is pretty obvious that comparing the performance of a Panasonic FF to the Sl2 as far as IQ goes - there isn't any great difference.

It is also pretty obvious (to me) that as far as making any image goes - all camera manufacturers present many options - so the whole gear based discussion in forums is a rather silly one from a photographic output point of view. I haven't seen an image posted from anyone in any forum that couldn't be made with pretty much any similarly specd camera from any other manufacturer.

Look at this forum with its 'fun with' this or that version of a Leica camera - it is a gear based structure - and a few of us have commented that this fragmentation even within the context of s single forum - serves to detract from the ability of those interested in - photographs to see what people are doing without clicking on a lot of different threads about a specific camera.

If one goes to that part of GETDPI where like minded people want to promote gear agnostic photography - there are (relatively) few photographers who venture in these sections.

Unlike other forums including this one LUF has a relatively healthy general photography section with many long running subsections for specific genres of photography rather than specific cameras - this makes LUF fairly unique and when combined with Leica's own gallery and extensive magazines digital and printed - delivers a user experience not defined by the 12 month cycle of new cameras which other manufacturers prefer.

Years ago I would have challenged your implied criticism(s) of the SL2 v whatever else but that would end up being a waste of everyone's time. If a person really 'needs' forums to help them decide on what camera/lenses they should or shouldn't buy - perhaps they should just stick with what they already own and use that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=PeterA;807672]Sorry to read that you had a poor experience in LUF - sometimes it boils down to what one's expectations are in any place. However these types of declarations make for tedious reading and dont add much of interest to the forum - do they?

Still - in order to promote some sort of discussion I'll these personal observations.

The most interesting sections of LUF (for me anyway) are the general photography sections - where people post their photographs.

I've got little time or interest in reading people's views on why their choice of camera or lens is better than someone else's different choices.

You seem to have some strong views about the 'deficiencies' of the SL2 V something different - Panasonic came out with their L mount cameras a lot earlier than Leica's SL2 was announced. Many SL users (like me) didn't know if Leica were going to bring out an SL2. Many posters in the LUF L mount forum(s) bought Panasonic cameras and are quite happy with their choices and quite vocal about their preferences - I'm surprised that you felt taunted by your favouring of Panasonic since so many posters in LUF are actual users of the Panasonic cameras and quite vocal about the correctness of their decisions and quite detailed about the superiority of this or that thing V this or that thing that Leica does...

No camera company can please everyone - so no surprises when people discuss different cameras from different needs and experience levels and expectations - disagree with each other's choice of camera.

If one peels the layers of the onion - inevitably discussions end up revolving around some reference to price V value. It is pretty obvious that comparing the performance of a Panasonic FF to the Sl2 as far as IQ goes - there isn't any great difference.

It is also pretty obvious (to me) that as far as making any image goes - all camera manufacturers present many options - so the whole gear based discussion in forums is a rather silly one from a photographic output point of view. I haven't seen an image posted from anyone in any forum that couldn't be made with pretty much any similarly specd camera from any other manufacturer.

Look at this forum with its 'fun with' this or that version of a Leica camera - it is a gear based structure - and a few of us have commented that this fragmentation even within the context of s single forum - serves to detract from the ability of those interested in - photographs to see what people are doing without clicking on a lot of different threads about a specific camera.

If one goes to that part of GETDPI where like minded people want to promote gear agnostic photography - there are (relatively) few photographers who venture in these sections.

Unlike other forums including this one LUF has a relatively healthy general photography section with many long running subsections for specific genres of photography rather than specific cameras - this makes LUF fairly unique and when combined with Leica's own gallery and extensive magazines digital and printed - delivers a user experience not defined by the 12 month cycle of new cameras which other manufacturers prefer.

Years ago I would have challenged your implied criticism(s) of the SL2 v whatever else but that would end up being a waste of everyone's time. If a person really 'needs' forums to help them decide on what camera/lenses they should or shouldn't buy - perhaps they should just stick with what they already own and use that.[/QUOTE

So.., is this a thread about "nasty" people or the "problems" with a fine camera?

I prefer simply to make photos in spite of every camera with deficiencies. Which happens to be all of them I suppose. Life is too short to wait for a perfect camera.

But what does one do about the people one doesn't like?

All I can say is, "Welcome to our little world!!!"

We would all love to share an espresso/coffee with you anytime!
    Dave (GT)

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Let me quote from the LUF Admin's "What this forum is for"

What the forum is not for

This isn’t the place for those who think that Leica, Leica products and Leica customers are inadequate, deceitful or stupid.

Some members, apparently, use the forum exclusively to express the same criticisms again and again, spoiling for others the enjoyment of their hobby.

This isn’t a forum for sycophants and fanboys but neither is it a Leica-bashing community. No-one in the Leica forum should ever have to justify their purchase of a Leica product or their enjoyment of it.
    This is the line most often crossed by those who receive a negative response from other users.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    ..... I find LUF an excellent source of information. It is the place to go if you want to learn something about Leica cameras.....
    Leica Forum, IMO and experience, is not really an open forum in terms of discussion......In addition, and perhaps most importantly, there has been, and possibly still is, a considerable amount of anger being tossed about that has been directed towards dissenters.......
    I agree with these clipped opinions, and it's no coincidence that I'm posting this here rather than LUF. I used to post there but realised it wasn't fun when I was libelled at LUF by a self appointed Cardinal of the Faith [after one mildly 'heretical' post perceived as too critical and dissenting for LUF]; he has risen through the serving priests and cardinals to now be a 'Moderator' there. That was a few years ago, I look in there most days but do not post. That 'Moderator' at LUF remains [after all this time] the only person on my LUF 'ignore' list, which works extremely well!

None of that is important of course, except the conceit of LUF is that Leica listens to them; my concern is that it might be true! Leica is a really interesting company, but I'd rather it wasn't turning it's ear to the influence of high praise, low criticism mantra repeaters.

And yet; I'm writing this here and not at LUF. The early days of the LUF M8 forum was an invigorating place with some tremendous, and generous, contributors; but it morphed into a place where critical posts were considered blasphemous rather than invigorating and contributory. I've long thought it why Guy was moved to leave LUF to set up home at getdpi, why Sean Reid had enough of being berated by hobbyists with Leica-religiosity mantra convictions, and why David Adamson had better things to do than be in the firing line of keyboard warriors. [From memory; David Adamson was an early pioneer of high quality ink-jet printing, and his gallery was producing prints for the likes of Lee Friedlander, Bill Brandt's estate, and other notable artists in the history of photography].

I don't have a wise conclusion for this post, and 'it is what it is' is a poor cop-out; nonetheless it is what it is and I'd prefer it otherwise.

Christmas and New Year greetings to all dissenters and over-doers.

............ Chris
    Last edited by Chris C; 29th December 2019 at 09:14.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post

This is the line most often crossed by those who receive a negative response from other users.

Matt
    Speaking for myself - failure to understand or appreciate or have the basic civility of an average person on the part of so many non Leica users constantly injecting venom or making up negative threads - has had the effect of decimating interest in what was once a very healthy forum in here - sad really.

the only 'cure' is to post photos to share with like minded people and ignore the noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post

Matt
    Well said, Matt!

And I am sure it applies to us coffeeheads, too!

Hmmm... I think it is just about time for a nice cup of coffee to finish off the day.
    Dave (GT)

Post Thanks / Like

I regularly posted pictures in all of there gallery sections and 9 times out of 10 I would get a bunch of thanks/comments bla bla bla.............Then about 5 or 6 years ago I came across there Barnack Bar where you can go for a chit chat about anything. I would make posts there and literly get hundreds and hundreds of replies, it could be about coffee wine viagra anything but ever dare you say anything dentramental about any of the leica products .....god help you. I would get messages from moderators asking me to back off on something that they aggreed on but didnt want there boss to get p!ssed off. Eventually he Anders Andrew or what ever his name is said i had to stop using it like my own personal facebook...............no idea where the hell that came from, like I said I would get hundreds of replies but in the end I couldnt stand listing to the constant defence of there presious leica gear and there prase of pictures that looked like the camera had gone off while getting pulled out of the Buckingham palace bags
    So I asked the big man to cancel my account and stop collecting sponcer money from me.......he replay was if I leave I will be banned for ever..........I guess Im banned
    Neil
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The challenge with all forums, including this one, is when somebody is being rude to you, not to be rude in replying to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Speaking for myself - failure to understand or appreciate or have the basic civility of an average person on the part of so many non Leica users constantly injecting venom or making up negative threads - has had the effect of decimating interest in what was once a very healthy forum in here - sad really.

the only 'cure' is to post photos to share with like minded people and ignore the noise.
    I have to take issue with your assertion that the venom is being spewed by "Non Leica Users On LUF," when in fact, the rancor is most frequently encountered emanating from the keyboards of the Leica cultists themselves. And, in my experience, much of the ill-will has in the past been directed towards dissatisfied Leica user/owners, as opposed to non-Leica users.

In any event, I've expressed my feelings and experiences and will return to the business and enjoyment of photography.
    Best wishes and happy holidays to all.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have to take issue with your assertion that the venom is being spewed by "Non Leica Users On LUF," when in fact, the rancor is most frequently encountered emanating from the keyboards of the Leica cultists themselves. And, in my experience, much of the ill-will has in the past been directed towards dissatisfied Leica user/owners, as opposed to non-Leica users.

In any event, I've expressed my feelings and experiences and will return to the business and enjoyment of photography.
    Best wishes and happy holidays to all.

Just a minor correction for you to consider..

The 'venom spewed reference' was to what happened in this forum on this site ....
    Enjoy your photography and do post some photos.

All the best
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Just a minor correction for you to consider..

The 'venom spewed reference' was to what happened in this forum on this site ....
    Enjoy your photography and do post some photos.

All the best
    Pete
    Wow, that is a disappointment. But I have yet to encounter—on this forum—the level of malevolence that I'd observed on LUF. However, I should note that the repeat LUF offenders were generally the same select few.
    Happy New Year

Post Thanks / Like

That the venom comes from other Leica Users on LUF has largely been my experience, too. I actually think it's gotten a bit better than in the past. And if you call them out on it, they just explode in a massive poo-slinging fest. Still there are some users that can provide meaningful information. On the other hand, there are a good number who act like cultists in the face of criticism.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffwright View Post
    That the venom comes from other Leica Users on LUF has largely been my experience, too. I actually think it's gotten a bit better than in the past. And if you call them out on it, they just explode in a massive poo-slinging fest. Still there are some users that can provide meaningful information. On the other hand, there are a good number who act like cultists in the face of criticism.
    Yes, that is exactly the experience that I'd referenced. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one aware of their cultist behavior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

FWIW, I find there a number of people on LUF so knowledgeable that I would truly miss seeing their contributions to the discourse.

As for the different types of sniping, frustration, peevishness and occasional nastiness, I ignore it.
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erudolph View Post
    FWIW, I find there a number of people on LUF so knowledgeable that I would truly miss seeing their contributions to the discourse.

As for the different types of sniping, frustration, peevishness and occasional nastiness, I ignore it.
    Yes, there are some knowledgeable people on the site, but the bickering continues at a nauseating rate. Just take a gander at the thread entitled, Sl2 vs SL Feedback, last page. It's hard to fathom that these are allegedly adults arguing over image noise, a topic that has already been beaten to death, along with that fact that the S1's 24MP sensor does a better job in low light than the S1r or SL2 ... heck, my Panasonic G9 does a better job up to ISO 25,000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, there are bad actors on nearly all forums.
    That is what keeps us moderators employed
    thanks
    -bob
    www.getdpi.com
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yes, there are bad actors on nearly all forums.
    That is what keeps us moderators employed
    thanks
    -bob

Bob, you think you have it hard here?

I'm a mød on a politics site in Ireland, where even the word "moderator" is banned.
    Sláinte

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
    bob, you think you have it hard here?

I'm a mød on a politics site in ireland, where even the word "moderator" is banned.
    :rotfl:
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that is exactly the experience that I'd referenced. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one aware of their cultist behavior.
    though the i like film threads on LUF are peaceful,polite, filled with tonnes of knowledge, objective feedback etc etc just like the medium format one here..my favorites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Satrycon View Post
    though the i like film threads on LUF are peaceful,polite, filled with tonnes of knowledge, objective feedback etc etc just like the medium format one here..my favorites.
    yeah that's a good thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Its been decent enough in the M Monochrome thread, also the CL thread. Not sure what went south with the SL thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Its been decent enough in the M Monochrome thread, also the CL thread. Not sure what went south with the SL thread.
    It usually takes two actors intent on proving themselves right no matter the evidence. Oh, and evidence is rarely presented.
    thanks
    -bob
    www.getdpi.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    Bob, you think you have it hard here?

I'm a mød on a politics site in Ireland, where even the word "moderator" is banned.
    Wonderful. Was the mod then banned, too ... ?
    My Gallery
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

and the 2 people :
    option01 : rarely have the cameras or lenses they're arguing about.
    option02 : have never used high Resolution cameras, but love to assume things.
    option03 : follow the dpreview-style-mentality that if its too expensive its not good, but they secretly wish they could afford it

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It usually takes two actors intent on proving themselves right no matter the evidence. Oh, and evidence is rarely presented.
    thanks
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience Getdpi and the L-C (LUF) are two of the friendliest forums around. Anyone should not be surprised that the LUF members tend to favour and prefer Leica cameras, given the name of the forum. Also you have to remember that many of them like me, are very long term Leica users, over 60 years in my case and both heavily financially and emotionally invested in the brand.

However I am not afraid to criticise Leica when I feel it is warranted. I think there have been some odd decisions recently, for example on the SL2: The dumping of the excellent, if with a steep learning curve, SL1 wholly customisable 4 button interface, to what I regard as the "dumbed down" three button control system and the inexplicable decision to remove the excellent GPS geo-logging of the SL1 to transfer it to an external phone - via the horrible Fotos app. What were they thinking of? These together have stopped me upgrading my SL1 to a 2 and my next Leica will now be an M10R or M11.

Wilson
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Welcome to getdpi Wilson! I have enjoyed your posts at the LUF for a number of years now...
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I regularly posted pictures in all of there gallery sections and 9 times out of 10 I would get a bunch of thanks/comments bla bla bla.............Then about 5 or 6 years ago I came across there Barnack Bar where you can go for a chit chat about anything. I would make posts there and literly get hundreds and hundreds of replies, it could be about coffee wine viagra anything but ever dare you say anything dentramental about any of the leica products .....god help you. I would get messages from moderators asking me to back off on something that they aggreed on but didnt want there boss to get p!ssed off. Eventually he Anders Andrew or what ever his name is said i had to stop using it like my own personal facebook...............no idea where the hell that came from, like I said I would get hundreds of replies but in the end I couldnt stand listing to the constant defence of there presious leica gear and there prase of pictures that looked like the camera had gone off while getting pulled out of the Buckingham palace bags
    So I asked the big man to cancel my account and stop collecting sponcer money from me.......he replay was if I leave I will be banned for ever..........I guess Im banned
    Neil
    You and I know that this is only the final 15% of the saga, Neil. And not quite factually correct...
    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erudolph View Post
    Welcome to getdpi Wilson! I have enjoyed your posts at the LUF for a number of years now...
    Ed,

I have actually been an occasional poster on the Getdpi forum since its very earliest days but my post count for some reason seems to have gone back to zero.

Wilson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonlaidlaw View Post
    Ed,

I have actually been an occasional poster on the Getdpi forum since its very earliest days but my post count for some reason seems to have gone back to zero.

Wilson

Hi Wilson, it's good to hear from you. Cheers, K-H.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
    I agree with these clipped opinions, and it's no coincidence that I'm posting this here rather than LUF. I used to post there but realised it wasn't fun when I was libelled at LUF by a self appointed Cardinal of the Faith [after one mildly 'heretical' post perceived as too critical and dissenting for LUF]; he has risen through the serving priests and cardinals to now be a 'Moderator' there. That was a few years ago, I look in there most days but do not post. That 'Moderator' at LUF remains [after all this time] the only person on my LUF 'ignore' list, which works extremely well!
    I didn't think it was possible to add a moderator to your ignore list at the LUF. Lord knows how many times I've tried to do that in the past. Perhaps I should take another look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We cannot be ignored, Ian.
    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wattsy View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to add a moderator to your ignore list at the LUF. Lord knows how many times I've tried to do that in the past. Perhaps I should take another look.
    Ian – the 'ignored' in question became so before his ordination as a Moderator. Maybe I got in early? And no; it wasn't Jaap.

........... Chris

Post Thanks / Like

One of the posters above is part of the reason I left LUF.

I was tired of his over-bearing ‘I know best’ attitude and, sadly, his occasional racist/political Anti-Chinese slurs.

Moderators should also encourage a positive forum contribution, and not resort to bullying behaviour.

My experience as a two-time beta tester was also unpleasant. Leica would do well to try and use their influence to re-shape some of their LUF relationship, in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaapv View Post
    You and I know that this is only the final 15% of the saga, Neil. And not quite factually correct...
    It's 109% correct

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jvansmit;811080]One of the posters above is part of the reason I left LUF.

I was tired of his over-bearing ‘I know best’ attitude and, sadly, his occasional racist/political Anti-Chinese slurs.

Moderators should also encourage a positive forum contribution, and not resort to bullying /QUOTE]

Ditto

Post Thanks / Like

Rule #1 the moderator is always right
    Rule #2 when the moderator is wrong refer to Rule #1
    😂
    Best regards,
    Jesse
    djessemay.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvansmit View Post
    One of the posters above is part of the reason I left LUF.

Moderators should also encourage a positive forum contribution, and not resort to bullying behaviour.

My experience as a two-time beta tester was also unpleasant. Leica would do well to try and use their influence to re-shape some of their LUF relationship, in my view.
    +1

And there was the "I know it all printing expert" who would kiss the above mods backside to feed the frenzie.

I had an email once from the Getdpi forum mods saying that I had posted a picture in the wrong section, and the way that email was written to me made me say to myself "man Im glad i moved over here" These guys really care about having a nice friendly community
    Neil
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post