The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica SL2 Photos Zoom Browsing

spassig

Hello

is it possible to display zoomed areas of several photos one after the other?

I would like to zoom area A at Foto_1 once (100/ 150/ 200 %) and then select the next photos directly with same zoomed areas.
Is this possible with the SL2?
With my Sony A7II I can do this by using the upper rear wheel.

Jochen

scott kirkpatrick

Hello

I would like to zoom area A at Foto_1 once (100/ 150/ 200 %) and then select the next photos directly with same zoomed areas.

Jochen
I don't think so. In playback mode, one wheel chooses the degree of magnification, and the other wheel or the joystick moves the spot around within the frame. dragging the image on the LCD seems to do the same as the joystick.

DaveS

It might be possible, because it now has the same button layout at the M10.

To do this on the M10 you:

1 - zoom into the spot you want
2 - push and hold the play button, and while still holding the play button in, push the right arrow or left arrow key to go forward or back

I don't have the SL2 yet, but would be worth a try.

Dave

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

I tried holding the play button in with my SL2 while scrolling, and it keeps the magnified position in the same place, while changing frames. Didn't know about that trick. So that's two YES.

DaveS

Cool, nice to hear it works with SL2, I think it also works with M240, so that is some Leica family similarity: M240, M10, SL2.

cheers,

Dave

SrMphoto

Hello

Jochen
Yes.

Enter image review, zoom in, use rear dial to move from image to image while staying zoomed in.

SrMphoto

I tried holding the play button in with my SL2 while scrolling, and it keeps the magnified position in the same place, while changing frames. Didn't know about that trick. So that's two YES.
Why do you need to hold the play button and what do you mean by scrolling? Once zoomed in image review, rear dial moves from image to image while maintaining the zoom.

SrMphoto

I don't think so. In playback mode, one wheel chooses the degree of magnification, and the other wheel or the joystick moves the spot around within the frame. dragging the image on the LCD seems to do the same as the joystick.
The top wheel chooses the degree of magnification, joystick moves the magnified location, rear-wheel moves to the next or previous image.