The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manufacturer of APO-Summicron-SL 35/ 70 ASPH

spassig

Hello

I read on website from Leica that above lenses are produced in Germany.

Other lenses were/ are produced from Sigma.

Does someone know where is the manufacturer of above lenses?

Jochen

SrMphoto

Hello

Jochen
Which other lenses? Leica L-mount lenses? It would be nice to have a link to the website to understand the question better.
Sigma is producing excellent L-mount lenses and selling them under Sigma name.

spassig

Which other lenses? Leica L-mount lenses? It would be nice to have a link to the website to understand the question better.
Sigma is producing excellent L-mount lenses and selling them under Sigma name.
I must search for a link but I meant Sigma built at least one of the Leica-R zooms:

Jochen

jeffwright

Hello

Jochen
The APO-Summicron-SL lenses (35, 50, 75, 90) are all built in Germany. I'm not sure what you mean by the 35/70 ASPH- no such creature. Perhaps you mean the Summarit-S 70- it is also built in Germany.

Red735i

The APO-Summicron-SL lenses (35, 50, 75, 90) are all built in Germany. I'm not sure what you mean by the 35/70 ASPH- no such creature. Perhaps you mean the Summarit-S 70- it is also built in Germany.
There are several R mount lenses that are close to what you said. They were made for the Leicaflex cameras. 28-70, 35-70 in several generations with what sound the same. F4,f2.8,f3.5 etc. made by Minolta, Sigma, Kyocera and Leica. While these can be used on a SL body with an adapter, they are 20 or more years old.
The focus on the new SL is on automation and user experience. The older lenses are not a great user experience. Many are quite sharp.