Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: M10 Monochrome

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: M10 Monochrome

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    +1 on upstrap. My straps of choice for all of my cameras, well the heavy ones. Super grippy and Kevlar straps too.
    After the self extracting steel ring from the Leica Lug e[pisode and a failed Leica leather strap doing the same thing previously on an MM body - I've decided to completely abandon any such risk and go Peak Design system - on everything. Yes if you can't remove the hood - it will be a Leica repair and replace job I think...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sebben View Post
    Does anyone know which colour channel the look of the M10M matches? Blue, Green or Red?

Think of Leicas baked in recipes for converting luminosity levels as a given a formula we can never know but can always see.(amonocrom chip only 'sees' in luminosity levels that is the point of it) as a given ( just like B&W Film)

In order to change the formula you can effect the reading of lumosity llevels AND /OR use colour sliders in post processing the raw file.

you can use two levels of 'filter' that manipulate lumonisty levels firstly by screwing on old fashioned colour filters to the front of you lens ( orange is a popular one for the monocrom) and or using the DNG file in post processing and using the colour sliders - in B&W mode. (red chanel is the most popular for skin for example)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know which colour channel the look of the M10M matches? Blue, Green or Red?
    I think it just comes in black. Leica usually brings them out in silver as a second batch
    Neil
    My all NEW Website can be seen HERE

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Keith, extremely sorry to hear of this unfortunate episode. I think many of us know of, or have experienced a similar sinking feeling when these sort of accidents happen. I haven't had personal experience with the Up-Strap but have known others who praise it as well as those who just recommended it here on Getdpi. If you decide to go with one and its not available in the U.K., I'd be more than happy to assist in ordering you one and mailing it off. Glad to hear all seems to be functioning well but maybe for piece of mind, when convenient, I might suggest having Leica look over the M10M and/or lens.

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 4 Days Ago at 06:23.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    Sorry about the strap Steve. I'm still in the group of S007 or X1D will knock the socks off the M10 monogram.
    Thank of it this way. The M10 is slightly smaller than the S and bigger than the XID.........it's all relative. As for the Len good I did the same to my noctilux and Leica replaced it for freedom
    My M10 Monochrom knocks the sock off my X1D II in black and white... IMHO :-). M10 is also quite a bit smaller than X1D (link).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Keith, extremely sorry to hear of this unfortunate episode. I think many of us know of, or have experienced a similar sinking feeling when these sort of accidents happen. I haven't had personal experience with the Up-Strap but have known others who praise it as well as those who just recommended it here on Getdpi. If you decide to go with one and its not available in the U.K., I'd be more than happy to assist in ordering you one and mailing it off. Glad to hear all seems to be functioning well but maybe for piece of mind, when convenient, I might suggest having Leica look over the M10M and/or lens.

Dave (D&A)
    Thank you Dave for the offer (and thanks to all others re advice on straps & avoiding a repetition!). For the time being I have fitted the standard Leica nylon one with its grippy shoulder/neck pad - I know that one will never slide off my shoulder... Until I find an alternative (prefer to source locally) a small piece of black tape on the backs of the black plastic locking end-pieces will prevent any marking of the body.

As to the lens, will definitely have to be sent away for a new hood. In the meantime my ZM 50mm C-Sonnar (usually residing on my M7) will deputise - a role it fulfilled on this afternoon's outing.
    Emulsion Mania
    My Flickr Page
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KeithDM View Post
    Thank you Dave for the offer (and thanks to all others re advice on straps & avoiding a repetition!). For the time being I have fitted the standard Leica nylon one with its grippy shoulder/neck pad - I know that one will never slide off my shoulder... Until I find an alternative (prefer to source locally) a small piece of black tape on the backs of the black plastic locking end-pieces will prevent any marking of the body.

As to the lens, will definitely have to be sent away for a new hood. In the meantime my ZM 50mm C-Sonnar (usually residing on my M7) will deputise - a role it fulfilled on this afternoon's outing.
    I would really like to use that strap as well. Good idea with the tape. I will try to find a piece of self-adhesive leather and wrap it around the plastic part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    I think it just comes in black. Leica usually brings them out in silver as a second batch
    Neil
    What I meant was that I would like to know which colour channel the M10M resembles most. Red, green or blue.

Colour

Red

Green

Blue

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What I meant was that I would like to know which colour channel the M10M resembles most. Red, green or blue.
    Visually, probably green, but the camera is not simply green sensitive. The tricky thing with the monochrom is that it records radiometric rather than photometric light values--photometric values are radiometric values converted to our color perception. Radiometric values are simply proportional to the light intensity, regardless of color. If you photograph a color checker, for example, blues will appear a bit brighter with the Monochrom than from a converted color image into B&W.