Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: M10 Monochrome

  1. #101
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    +1 on upstrap. My straps of choice for all of my cameras, well the heavy ones. Super grippy and Kevlar straps too.
    After the self extracting steel ring from the Leica Lug e[pisode and a failed Leica leather strap doing the same thing previously on an MM body - I've decided to completely abandon any such risk and go Peak Design system - on everything. Yes if you can't remove the hood - it will be a Leica repair and replace job I think...

  2. #102
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebben View Post
    Does anyone know which colour channel the look of the M10M matches? Blue, Green or Red?

    Think of Leicas baked in recipes for converting luminosity levels as a given a formula we can never know but can always see.(amonocrom chip only 'sees' in luminosity levels that is the point of it) as a given ( just like B&W Film)


    In order to change the formula you can effect the reading of lumosity llevels AND /OR use colour sliders in post processing the raw file.

    you can use two levels of 'filter' that manipulate lumonisty levels firstly by screwing on old fashioned colour filters to the front of you lens ( orange is a popular one for the monocrom) and or using the DNG file in post processing and using the colour sliders - in B&W mode. (red chanel is the most popular for skin for example)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  3. #103
    Senior Member ndwgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebben View Post
    Does anyone know which colour channel the look of the M10M matches? Blue, Green or Red?
    I think it just comes in black. Leica usually brings them out in silver as a second batch
    Neil
    My all NEW Website can be seen HERE

  4. #104
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Keith, extremely sorry to hear of this unfortunate episode. I think many of us know of, or have experienced a similar sinking feeling when these sort of accidents happen. I haven't had personal experience with the Up-Strap but have known others who praise it as well as those who just recommended it here on Getdpi. If you decide to go with one and its not available in the U.K., I'd be more than happy to assist in ordering you one and mailing it off. Glad to hear all seems to be functioning well but maybe for piece of mind, when convenient, I might suggest having Leica look over the M10M and/or lens.

    Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 22nd February 2020 at 05:23.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    Sorry about the strap Steve. I'm still in the group of S007 or X1D will knock the socks off the M10 monogram.
    Thank of it this way. The M10 is slightly smaller than the S and bigger than the XID.........it's all relative. As for the Len good I did the same to my noctilux and Leica replaced it for freedom
    My M10 Monochrom knocks the sock off my X1D II in black and white... IMHO :-). M10 is also quite a bit smaller than X1D (link).

  6. #106
    Senior Member KeithDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Keith, extremely sorry to hear of this unfortunate episode. I think many of us know of, or have experienced a similar sinking feeling when these sort of accidents happen. I haven't had personal experience with the Up-Strap but have known others who praise it as well as those who just recommended it here on Getdpi. If you decide to go with one and its not available in the U.K., I'd be more than happy to assist in ordering you one and mailing it off. Glad to hear all seems to be functioning well but maybe for piece of mind, when convenient, I might suggest having Leica look over the M10M and/or lens.

    Dave (D&A)
    Thank you Dave for the offer (and thanks to all others re advice on straps & avoiding a repetition!). For the time being I have fitted the standard Leica nylon one with its grippy shoulder/neck pad - I know that one will never slide off my shoulder... Until I find an alternative (prefer to source locally) a small piece of black tape on the backs of the black plastic locking end-pieces will prevent any marking of the body.

    As to the lens, will definitely have to be sent away for a new hood. In the meantime my ZM 50mm C-Sonnar (usually residing on my M7) will deputise - a role it fulfilled on this afternoon's outing.
    Emulsion Mania
    My Flickr Page
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithDM View Post
    Thank you Dave for the offer (and thanks to all others re advice on straps & avoiding a repetition!). For the time being I have fitted the standard Leica nylon one with its grippy shoulder/neck pad - I know that one will never slide off my shoulder... Until I find an alternative (prefer to source locally) a small piece of black tape on the backs of the black plastic locking end-pieces will prevent any marking of the body.

    As to the lens, will definitely have to be sent away for a new hood. In the meantime my ZM 50mm C-Sonnar (usually residing on my M7) will deputise - a role it fulfilled on this afternoon's outing.
    I would really like to use that strap as well. Good idea with the tape. I will try to find a piece of self-adhesive leather and wrap it around the plastic part.

  8. #108
    Member Sebben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    I think it just comes in black. Leica usually brings them out in silver as a second batch
    Neil
    What I meant was that I would like to know which colour channel the M10M resembles most. Red, green or blue.

    Colour


    Red


    Green


    Blue

  9. #109
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    150

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebben View Post
    What I meant was that I would like to know which colour channel the M10M resembles most. Red, green or blue.
    Visually, probably green, but the camera is not simply green sensitive. The tricky thing with the monochrom is that it records radiometric rather than photometric light values--photometric values are radiometric values converted to our color perception. Radiometric values are simply proportional to the light intensity, regardless of color. If you photograph a color checker, for example, blues will appear a bit brighter with the Monochrom than from a converted color image into B&W.
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  10. #110
    Senior Member KeithDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Re: M10 Monochrome

    When I load a user profile it shows on the rear screen - fine. But after the camera has been turned off then on again, the profile has not been retained - I have to select it again. Surely once selected, the profile should remain active until another one is selected? Certainly with my M240, the chosen profile remains active unless/until I choose another one.

    Anyone else noticed this?

  11. #111
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    116

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Keith, I highly recommend the UPstrap, but I'm not sure whether they're available in the UK. The UPstrap has saved my gear on several occasions.

    Joe
    Which one for this camera, Joe? Thanks.

  12. #112
    Senior Member Joe Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHyde View Post
    Which one for this camera, Joe? Thanks.
    Timothy, I'd recommend this one because I like the quick release:



    The Vectran ends are probably sufficient for most cameras.

    Joe
    _________________________________
    Joe Colson Photography
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Visually, probably green, but the camera is not simply green sensitive. The tricky thing with the monochrom is that it records radiometric rather than photometric light values...
    Not quite, apparently:

    http://chromasoft.blogspot.com/2012/...nsitivity.html

    Dunno about the M246 or the M10M.

  14. #114
    Senior Member KeithDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: M10 Monochrome

    Exploring the capabilities of my M10M, I have used it with coded and uncoded lenses. With (for example) my ZM 50mm C-Sonnar I created a user profile, saved it as a named profile and made sure it what shown as active. Turn the camera off then on again - no profile active - I have to reselect an uncoded lens profile every time. A profile using a coded lens stays in memory and remains active after turning the camera off and on. With my M240, a selected profile remains active independent of whether it is for a coded or for an uncoded lens.

    I have communicated this issue to Wetzlar via Leica UK and hopefully at some point the firmware will be updated. However, feedback on the L-Camera forum is that the M10 has had same problem right from the start. Which would indicate the Wetzlar do not see it as anything approaching a priority issue!

    Any other M10M user finding the same issue with uncoded lenses?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •