The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Q2 shots

D&A

Enjoying a late evening paddle during blue hour in Killarney Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.

Q2, 1/15 sec, f/1.7, ISO 6400

View attachment 150240
So tranquil and quite lovely. Reminds me of our many lengthy trips to Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario for paddling, biking and camping. Hoping one day in the future when the pandemic has moved on, to revisit it.

Dave (D&A)

Reactions: med

Robert Campbell

I recently got a Q2, and I've been trying [=playing around] some skyscapes. We can get quite dramatic skies here at dawn and dusk, though they've not been so impressive recently. These are some HDR attempts:

I used to think that 28mm was very wide; my preferred 'normal' focal length was 90mm. Now I find that for these skyscapes that 28mm isn't wide enough. I know Ricoh do a 21mm adaptor for the GR, and I might try that. Is there any similar adaptor for the Q2?

Knorp

That's fascinating, Bart, thanks. I see from the link that it refers to the GW-3 version. For the GR3 there is now a GW-4 version. I wonder what the difference, apart from the price, might be.
Hi Robert, if you look further on Leicarumors you'll notice both adapters perform so-so on the Q.
So to me the Ricohs look like a dead end, sorry.

Robert Campbell

Thanks, Bart. I'm not that surprised, such adaptors don't usually have a good reputation. Interesting idea, though.

Still, I do "have" a Ricoh GR, though DD has it in Dublin, and I'm not sure if I'll see it again.

I also "have" a CL with with wide-angle zoom, but again DD has it...

Knorp

Thanks, Bart. I'm not that surprised, such adaptors don't usually have a good reputation. Interesting idea, though.

Still, I do "have" a Ricoh GR, though DD has it in Dublin, and I'm not sure if I'll see it again.

I also "have" a CL with with wide-angle zoom, but again DD has it...
In that case, Robert .. off to Dublin you go ... :grin:

Robert Campbell

In that case, Robert .. off to Dublin you go ... :grin:
DD will be here in the next day or two...hopefully she remembers to bring the stuff with.

Meanwhile, I've ordered a Ricoh wide-angle converter and will see what happens with it on the Q2. (My problems with the Ricoh GR are that it doesn't have a built-in viewfinder — and the external ones turn it from svelte to bulky —, and the menus and buttons are confusing; but then, I'm easily confused. I find the Q2 much easier to use, and the viewfinder is excellent, even if it's considerably bigger.)

Robert Campbell

A couple of skyscapes from this morning; it was nippy, and the colours are very autumnal:

Note 1) These are all quick and dirty HDRs; I have done none of the things the experts/books tell me to do, so don't pixel peep!

2) We sort of expect autumn to start at the equinox on 20 September; meteorologists use 1 September as their date. My Celtic ancestors used 1 August as the start of autumn, so it's unsurprising that it seems autumnal now. Likewise, the other seasons for them began a month earlier than the dates we use today.

Robert Campbell

I liked Keith's photo of his reading materials on the Monochrom thread (here). Here's some of what I have; this is a Billy bookcase from Ikea, and the "run" extends across a further one and a half shelves. Your eyes do not deceive you, the shelf is markedly curved; this isn't the lens, it's the weight of what it's carrying:

Q2, f/5.6, ISO 6400, slightly cropped​

The bookshelves are in a narrow, dark corridor with no natural light.

mtakeda

I wonder why some images are shown small and the others almost full scale. Are they because of export setting from pp far ware?