The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Moab workshop

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Guy, that last one is fantastic.

Here are a couple quickly processed on my laptop (which is not so good).

PeterA

Fantastic shots guys - seriously thinking of joining you next time now that I can se how stunning the scenery is! - is it ok if I bring the wife ? :)

fotografz

When is Carmel Guy? That one I could talk the wifey into.

Can't wait to see what Jim Collum does at Moab with his shiny new Aptus 75s :) I think he's joining you fellows there right?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
When is Carmel Guy? That one I could talk the wifey into.

Can't wait to see what Jim Collum does at Moab with his shiny new Aptus 75s :) I think he's joining you fellows there right?
Jim is on his way in today i believe with Aptus in tow, lucky if he gets a chance to use it around me.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Just may steal that sucker and i never saw your ad on it and I'm pissed. LOL

Carmel hopefully very end of March or very early April . Hopefully final dates by Saturday we will post.

Marc love to have you at one you already know that though.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack and Guy:

You didn't say anything about SNOW!!!

Best,

Reynolds

I can't believe this! :)

Guys, if you read my announcement for this workshop in the workshop announcement section, http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21 , here is the first sentence in the "Details" section and I quote, though with emphasis added:

"Dates will be February 6th through 9th, 2008 in Moab, Utah. Moab in the winter can be spectacular for images, and specifically the early February dates are the most likely to leave a light dusting of snow to accent the red rock structures."

I'll take this opportunity to point out that the workshop doesn't officially begin until tomorrow morning, we do have a few spots still open, AND the hotel we're in does have rooms available! So there is a small window open for any of you willing to make the last minute jaunt to Moab --- come on out and join us!

Cheers,

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jack and Guy:

In a much warmer place! You didn't say anything about SNOW!!!

Best,

Reynolds
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I was in Moab in October and I am green with envy over these photos. The snow is spectacular!! I really wish I could have been able to attend.

PeterA

I want SNOW - we dont get much of it down here - and everything else we have more of and BIGGER:ROTFL::angel:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Peter & Marc: Totally okay to bring souses/significant others on the workshops and the field shooting, but we are usually space-limited during the classroom sessions so we ask that only the participants attend those. In most of our destinations there are a variety of alternative activities while we are doing our sessions like spas, galleries, movie theaters, shopping, etc.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Couple more from this morning. Both hand held. Also, the images I am posting are shot with the DMR (the two previous images I posted are also DMR).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack

I have taken many shots of Delicate Arch from the rear location but never like this with so much snow. Wonderful images guys.

Sorry I had to miss this one but next time for sure

Best to you all.........I am envious

Woody Spedden
Hi Woody! This is more snow than I've ever seen here -- truly spectacular! Looking forward to seeing you on the next one for sure, but wish you were here enjoying this one with us too --- we miss you!

Cheers,