The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Moab workshop

robsteve

Subscriber
Guy:

Is the bottom shot done with the 18mm? There seems to be quite a bit of distortion in the corners.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My God what a beautiful place.
Hey Mike --- that about sums it up perfectly. Bob on our workshop nailed it with the perfect phrase: "It's certainly a target rich environment for photographers!" And of course, the images folks are getting certainly support it :)

Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack:

This one is stunning. Was it one of those days when the sun rose below the clouds and then went into the clouds, not to appear again until sunset?
Hi Rob!

Thank you, and yes indeed it was exactly that type of day! We didn't even bother heading out for the afternoon and did additional classroom work instead. Really wish you could have made the flights work out to be here --- some GREAT photo ops!

Cheers,

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
A shot from some street shooting around Moab this evening with the DMR and the 35 Cron. Which white balance do you think works better?
1. Nostalgic Grunge
2. Snow Clear

rate em :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

:ROTFL:
Charlie, I vote for the "Snow Clear".
Looks more natural to me. In "Nostalgic Grunge" even blue is yellow :D
But I'm not there, I'm just here ... being very, very envious.
Enjoy :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Another awesome morning of shooting! Here is an IR image I took waiting for the sun to come up --- BIG advantage to shooting IR with the M8 is you get a two-fer of shooting opportunity since IR works best about a half hour before the sun is up :) Taken with the 720nm cut filter, first one is "as-shot" false-color IR while second has been converted to grayscale:

D

DougDolde

Jack that second B/W IR shot is fantastic...best I have seen so far.

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
A color IR from this morning
This shot uses the luminosity from an ir image and color from a full color shot

Last edited: