The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Moab workshop

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob:

Wow, the colors went really wild in that last one --- very cool!

J

Jamie Roberts

They're all fabulous shots, guys, and I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you!

etrigan63

Jack,
what settings did you use on your M8 to capture that IR image? Were you shooting RAW? You mentioned a 720nm cut filter, I have a B+W 092 IR filter is that equivalent?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
what settings did you use on your M8 to capture that IR image? Were you shooting RAW? You mentioned a 720nm cut filter, I have a B+W 092 IR filter is that equivalent?
Hi Carlos:

Yes, the B+W 092 is a 720nm cut which is what I used for that image --- the 720 is my preferred because it lets in a bit of color. My technique is very simple: I mount the filter on the lens (make sure to remove the standard UV/IR cut filter first!), camera on tripod, use RAW, auto exposure and AWB on the M8 and fire :) That exposure was nearly 30 seconds at f8, ISO 160 as the IR filter cuts a significant amount of light. I then processed that one in Lightroom, though C1 will give you more adjustability for color balance. Be sure to set focus a bit closer than for visible light, about the 10 foot mark for infinity on a 50.

Cheers

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Anyone have a beer to go with my buckwheat pancakes.

Chris caught me in the middle of some beard growth. Don't show my wife, Surprise i'm home. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
28 cron and yes it does have a hot spot but it can be fixed and here is my final IR shot with some massaging