Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Leica M10-R

Rumour has it ... upcoming Leica M-10R

Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M10-R

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Rumour has it ... upcoming Leica M-10R

Looks interesting. The pictures look real and distinctly pre-production. Has the viewfinder gotten bigger, or is it just the odd angle from which the shots are taken? The SL2 sensor is wonderful. I wouldn't mind having it in an M10 frame.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Where is Jono?
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Bart ...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    No probably about it!
    Sláinte

Robert.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

More than just a rumour (?): We unveil the latest member of the M10 family!

Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart ...
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like

the sensor is new, the rest of it is recycled old parts. dpreview says its best to focus bracket to get the focusing right. we need a electronic rangerfinder m. i hope they are working on it.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msadat View Post
    the sensor is new, the rest of it is recycled old parts. dpreview says its best to focus bracket to get the focusing right. we need a electronic rangerfinder m. i hope they are working on it.
    I would never buy that Leica M rangefinder. Then it would just be like all the rest. I by far prefer an optical rangefinder. I don't have issues with focus. In fact I find the focus far more reliable than any auto focus. If you want what you are discribing those cameras are already out there. Lots of room to move around there. Leica digital M is a real alternative to all of that. I love my M 10s. I liked my forst M 10 so muchI bought another for my pro work. I also own an M 262, MM and M-E. My next camera will be the M 10 Mono. Not for the MPs but for the improved ISO and DR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is not what they wrote.

They write here:

"From my shooting on the M10-R so far, focus accuracy is about what I'd expect from shooting with the original M10. When working wide-open, it's sensible (if you can) to focus bracket a little bit, but with practice, it's not too hard to get focus where you want it, in most situations – despite the higher pixel count. For critical work, the optional Typ 020 viewfinder (shown above on an M10) allows for precise manual focus."

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    What makes you think that it should be much less expensive than previous models? Actually, it is cheaper than the previous model :-) (M10-P, M10-D: $8795.-).

A bargain! :-)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The sensor seems to be a color modified version of the M10 Monochrom sensor with the updated features of the M10-P... so not really all “recycled” parts per se. Focusing an M can be hard with fast lenses and poor eyesight but I’d argue the user experience is likely subjective. Maybe the M is better suited for those with poorer eyesight to use wide and normal lenses with medium apertures (f/2-f/8).

I think the “best” anyone could hope for is that Leica brings out a “Leica QL” in the future to bridge small form factor with lens flexibility. That would fly off the shelves IMO for those not adverse to EVF’s and perhaps even bringing a younger audience to Leica over the course of time.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    That is not what they wrote.

They write here:

"From my shooting on the M10-R so far, focus accuracy is about what I'd expect from shooting with the original M10. When working wide-open, it's sensible (if you can) to focus bracket a little bit, but with practice, it's not too hard to get focus where you want it, in most situations – despite the higher pixel count. For critical work, the optional Typ 020 viewfinder (shown above on an M10) allows for precise manual focus."
    the 020 finder, i cant get use to, hopefully they will now make dipoters for the m10, till now u have buy the m240 which is smaller and then buy the adpter which makes the finder smaller

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    The sensor seems to be a color modified version of the M10 Monochrom sensor with the updated features of the M10-P... so not really all “recycled” parts per se. Focusing an M can be hard with fast lenses and poor eyesight but I’d argue the user experience is likely subjective. Maybe the M is better suited for those with poorer eyesight to use wide and normal lenses with medium apertures (f/2-f/8).

I think the “best” anyone could hope for is that Leica brings out a “Leica QL” in the future to bridge small form factor with lens flexibility. That would fly off the shelves IMO for those not adverse to EVF’s and perhaps even bringing a younger audience to Leica over the course of time.
    Hmm...maybe the eye hole (they call it a view finder) could be the size of a dime or a quarter then they get my money forget about 40mp.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono Slack's impressions: https://www.slack.co.uk/leica-m10-r.html

It looks to be a fine development in the M10 line. Jono's comments about the image files and their editability would excite me if I were still shooting with Leica M bodies.

However, since I've exited the M line and moved to the CL as my standard hand-held camera, and the Hasselblad 907x as my larger format 50Mpixel camera, I can't really see any serious motivation for me personally. I may well acquire another M at some point, but right now I'd likely pick the M10-D because I prefer the ergonomics of an M without an LCD in the way. I have no plans or urge to buy one at present, however.

Everyone seems to get hung up on the price whenever a new Leica is released. I can't say as I understand this; I choose not to. It's expensive, yes. Like so many other things, that's simply a matter of choice coupled with what you personally are willing to spend. I don't see much point to complaining about it.

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post

Everyone seems to get hung up on the price whenever a new Leica is released. I can't say as I understand this; I choose not to. It's expensive, yes. Like so many other things, that's simply a matter of choice coupled with what you personally are willing to spend. I don't see much point to complaining about it.

G
    As Sir Henry Royce said:
    The quality remains long after the price has been forgotten.
    Sláinte

Robert.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My initial reaction to the M10R was very different to my reaction to the M10M.

I owned an M10. But since my early love for my M3 and B&W, I had been waiting for a Monochrom. I was disappointed with it’s predecessors for one reason or another. I loved everything about the M10 and would have seriously considered a 24MB M10M, but when the M10M specs were announced I immediately put my name on the list.

If I had an older Digital M or Film version I’d put my name on the list for the M10R. It’s the unique Leica Rangefinder experience and the images I get using them that draws me to the system.

Full disclosure: when I bought the M10M I traded my M10 for an SL2. It’s great with my M lenses and the SL lenses are superb. Had I kept the M10, I probably would not trade up to the M10R.

I also have a Hasselblad X1DMK2. What camera do I grab when I just go out for the day?

The M10M😎

Different strokes for different folks .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Jono Slack's impressions: https://www.slack.co.uk/leica-m10-r.html

It looks to be a fine development in the M10 line. Jono's comments about the image files and their editability would excite me if I were still shooting with Leica M bodies.

However, since I've exited the M line and moved to the CL as my standard hand-held camera, and the Hasselblad 907x as my larger format 50Mpixel camera, I can't really see any serious motivation for me personally. I may well acquire another M at some point, but right now I'd likely pick the M10-D because I prefer the ergonomics of an M without an LCD in the way. I have no plans or urge to buy one at present, however.

G
    Jono's impressions seem to be holding up. I borrowed a few of his files and can see that they render just fine in Capture One. Adobe already supports the 10-R, but that may not be the best solution. There was a bug in the firmware released to the press the week before the announcement but that seems to have been sorted out now. The current firmware has a complicated four-part number. I would expect something simpler and more confidence-inspiring like firmware 1.0 to appear soon. There was a rushed, pandemic flavor to the whole announcement process. For example, the prices and statements of commitment to various M models are very inconsistent at the moment. The M10-D is enduring bad press, because they apparently are not going to make any more. Since we are still several years away from an M10-RD, they might become available at a good price soon. I'm quite happy with mine, although there are a few things that they never got around to adding to its firmware. No show-stoppers, though.