The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Hand Grip

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Does anyone use the Leica Hand Grip on the M10 or M10M? I've used a Thumbs Up for years, but I'm considering adding the Grip. Thanks.
Tim.

tylerallenmohr

It totally depends where you're using your camera. The various thumb/finger grips are for safety, in my mind, more than ergonomics. The ergonomics of the naked camera is sufficient for operating the controls and getting a good shot off. On a leisure trip, all the safety I employ is a good neck strap. Occasionally though, I'll add thumbs up up for general use.

But, I have/use both on my M-A when I'm on a hike and doing landscape/nature photography. In the 'field' I remove my camera from around my neck to transfer to a tripod. Or I may compose in a more active way that could include some precarious and off-balance positions. It may be cold and I may have on gloves. All these scenarios feel a LOT more safe when utilizing both grips simultaneously. As a bonus, the (relatively) inexpensive grips also slightly help protect the body from scrapes and bangs while among the great outdoors.

Hope that helps,

Tyler