The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 Question

Gary P

I started using Capture One following a vacation to the Western States and my first real imaging taking with the M8. I absolutely love the camera! I'm Getting used to the C-1 interface. One question that I have, is it not possible to spot out sensor specks in C-1? I find it hard to believe that this software doesn't have a spotting tool. Am I right? I hope I missed something.

Thanks.

Gary P

K

kitty

Yes, till latest C1 4.8 there is no spotting tool. No vertical gradient. No plugin from niks or alienskin. But the noise pattern is the best for M8.

Scargos2

You will need a program like Lightroom for dust and Red eye fixing. I agree that C1 should have these two items and for the price of the pro, Come on Phase one.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I would fear the creeping featureism that infected lightroom. PS is very much complete solution. I abandoned Lightroom when they made the decision to be everything to everybody and be a mediocre raw developer, organizer, local corrector, etc, etc.
I really hope that C1 does not make the same mistake.
-bob

otumay

I would like to second that opinion, Bob. On the other hand, if Adobe improved Lightroom the way they should, then who would have bought Photshop? I personally prefer C1 for RAW conversion, and PS for the rest of the task.
Osman

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Same here, Osman. I'm having a look at the new PictureWindow Pro 5.0 now. The RAW developer looks not too shabby, and the postprocessing program was always something more than Elements and something less than CS, which is not a bad spot to be in.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I would fear the creeping featureism that infected lightroom. PS is very much complete solution. I abandoned Lightroom when they made the decision to be everything to everybody and be a mediocre raw developer, organizer, local corrector, etc, etc.
I really hope that C1 does not make the same mistake.
-bob
Bob - what are you using for organization?

Regards.

Gary P

The software works great for organizing, color correction, vegnetting, a little cropping when necessary. I'm taking everyones word that it is the best for M file conversions and so far the files look really great. Just add a spot tool and I'd be a happy photofinisher!

Gary P