The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 Grip

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I bought mine directly from the maker, Tim Isaak in China. It great! Feels like the old film body advance lever and adds a nice support. Shipping was crazy fast. It arrived in less than a week.

If I had any complaint, it's the font used for the product name on the thing. It somehow doesn't fit with the rest of the very German sans serif techno-happy on the rest of the camera. Reminds me of something from the 70s. But geez, the functionality and build quality are there so I can certainly live with it.

The website is here: http://matchtechnical.com/default.aspx

Tony C.

This device has been discussed in great detail on other Leica and Rangefinder forums. I was an early adapter, and can't easily imagine using my M8 without Tim's product; It is a superb accessory.

Also, with respect to the incongruous type font mentioned above, my understanding is that it (the white lettering) comes off quite easily, if one is so inclined.

quadtones

I can't imagine using the camera without it, at this point. As I had observed on the LUF some time ago, it puts no strain on the accessory shoe, but instead helps balance the camera in the hand. Beautifully finished, executed, packaged. Tim's communication is great, shipping rapid. I just ordered the cold shoe version for a second M8 body I just picked up.

Model 1, for me, falls just about where the stand-off of the wind lever on an m6 is, and fits my medium-sized grip well. I'm left-eyed and wear glasses, but get no interference from the Thumbs-up.

--Norm