The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New LHSA website

Well, Brad, you drummed up a new member. I'd imagined, on no particular basis, an image of a bunch of old guys in lederhosen sitting around the weinstube admiring each others' pre-war iiic's (or whatever). But it looks a lot more interesting than that, so I'll give it a shot for a year and see if it isn't an interesting group of people!
Rick

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I'm a proud (and active) member of the LHSA. I'm hardly what you'd call a stodgy collector. In fact, I'm a thritysomething active photographer.

The quarterly Viewfinder magazine is quite a good read, but the real value of the LHSA is in attending the meetings twice a year. The next one is the Annual Meeting in Seattle (Oct. 7-11, 2009). We always have very interesting and engaging presentations, great destinations and side tours, and get first-hand info from Leica. In fact, at three of the last four meetings I've attended, Dr. Andreas Kaufmann (the owner of Leica) has given a presentation. Of course, besides the excellent programming, it is just really fun to get together with a bunch of great people who converge on a city with hundreds of Leicas, shooting everything in sight. I introduced one of my customers to LHSA at the last Annual Meeting in Louisville and he exclaimed how he'd never seen so many people shooting with Leicas. He also told me that he'd be attending every meeting he could in the future as he had such a great time.

Anyway, I highly recommend joining and attending a meeting. :thumbs:

David