The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

User Report: 24/1.4 ASPH: Disappointing.

W

wilsonlaidlaw

Another vote for C1. When I first got my M8, I could not be bothered to learn C1 v3.7.7, so carried on using ACR and was getting horrible colour fringing, particularly on things like fountains etc. Someone on LC forum suggested I change to C1 and I was amazed at the disappearance of colour fringes. I have found that C1 just gets better and better although there continue to be stability problems on Macs and upgrades can screw everything up, meaning you have to do a remove all files, app support and plist files before reinstalling. However, I firmly believe it is best used solely as a RAW converter and the other bits are best left alone. I use iPhoto plus iPhoto library manager as my image library and PS CS4 for everything else and printing. I could never get along with LR and although I think Aperture is a great program, I don't think the end results on M8 files are as good as C1 + PS.

At around the end of this year, I should be able to afford either a 24 Lux or a new Nocti but definitely not both. I can't make up my mind which to go for. I suppose the best thing is to try and arrange loaners and see which "rings my bell loudest". I suppose I could afford a 24 Lux plus CV 50/1.1 but my personal experience on CV lenses has been so poor, I am wary of trying for a 4th time -I thought it might be 3rd time lucky but no.

Wilson