The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More M8 Fun [POST YER PIX!]

Daniel

the Citreon

Olde City, Philadelphia, PA

Zeiss Biogon 35mm f2.0 (f5.6, 1/250, ISO 160). Zone focus distance set at approximately 15 feet or 4.5 meters. The 35 mm lens is a bit difficult to zone focus. The ultra wide angles like the 21 and wider lenses are more forgiving, because the depth of field is very deep.

Last edited:
W

wilsonlaidlaw

Here is one taken last week on Mayreau Island of the Salt Whistle Bay Anchorage on moonlit night at 4secs with 35 ASPH Lux. The bright dots are the yachts' riding lights.

Wilson

fotografz

Maggie, what is interesting concerning that image technically is that it was made with a plain old M90/2.8 I got for $600. I had it calibrated and it has proven to be superb performer. I'm going to test it against one of the new 90/2.5 lenses to see how it stands up to a new lens that costs almost 2.5X as much.

Maggie O

Maggie, what is interesting concerning that image technically is that it was made with a plain old M90/2.8 I got for $600. I had it calibrated and it has proven to be superb performer. I'm going to test it against one of the new 90/2.5 lenses to see how it stands up to a new lens that costs almost 2.5X as much.
You know, as someone who only has Voigtländer lenses, that doesn't really come as a big surprise to me- it seems that if someone is bothering to put out an M-mount lens, they're going to make it be a pretty darn good performer.

Sometimes, it seems like the only people with problem lenses are those folks who've bought brand new Leica lenses, as I see a lot of "I'm sending my lens to Solms to fix a back focus problem," etc... on the forums.

Daniel

fotografz, i just bought a used leica lens for 200$. when you say calibrated do you mean send it in to leica to adjust the focus? what was the cost of the calibration?

Here's a photo taken with my newly acquired used Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 III (f2.0, 1/60, 160). I notice that to get the target area in focus, I need to shift the focus off to the right by almost a millimeter, otherwise it'll be out of focus.

– dan

Last edited:

Terry

Nothing artistic but given everything we hear about the housing market in the US, Las Vegas has A LOT of inventory to sell (this was taken from the 25th floor to give an idea of how big this new complex is going to be)..... I was recently in Miami and the number of cranes and high rise condos being built are a bit more spread out but it was also pretty scary (years worth of inventory).

50 lux pre asph - hey and this was through a glass window.

S

sonya

hi everyone,

a few more photos from the christmas trip to california. except for the first, the remainder of the photos were taken in san francisco.

maggie - thanks for your compliments on the photos i posted a few weeks ago. especially glad that you liked #3 because it was by far the most challenging to compose.

sonya