The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More M8 Fun [POST YER PIX!]

Daniel

Should people of common decency report this to OSHA ? :)

Philadelphia, PA

Zeiss Biogon 35mm f2.0 (f2.0, 1/250, ISO 640)

jonoslack

White Man Sings the Blues

Zeiss 50mm f1.5 sonnar 1250 ISO
converted from raw in Aperture 2 (I'm in heaven it's so good!!!)

jonoslack

Those are great, Jono! What settings did you use in A2?
HI Maggie
Well, I used the monochrome mixer to convert - around 66 on red 33 on blue (varied slightly) then I did an auto levels and boosted the contrast and messed with the lovely definition slider (seems to be much more effective than in LR)

If you haven't yet fallen for A2 - fall for it - it's great!!
(but don't keep your photos in it's library, make an external structure and keep them there).

I've been using Aperture since it came out, frustration meant that I changed to Lightroom for a month a couple of times, but always came back. Now they seem to have addressed pretty much all my irritations.

Hooray!:clap:

Maggie O

You know, I may just have to pull the trigger on A2. Can Jamie's color profiles be used with it? That'd seal the deal.

Of course, that would mean that I will probably never buy a GR-D II, but hey, I can live with that, seeing as how the D-Lux 3 works so well for me...but there is that Sigma...

jonoslack

You know, I may just have to pull the trigger on A2. Can Jamie's color profiles be used with it? That'd seal the deal.
NO sorry, not a chance

Of course, that would mean that I will probably never buy a GR-D II, but hey, I can live with that, seeing as how the D-Lux 3 works so well for me...but there is that Sigma...
erm - why no GR-D II?
One of the great sighs of relief I have with A2 is that it does a grand job with DNG files - and there's no work to do when they finally support the full camera .

I've just dug out some old GX100 RAW files, and A2 seems to be just fine with them. (mind you, they don't look as good as the dLUX 3 files to me).

Maggie O

erm - why no GR-D II?
One of the great sighs of relief I have with A2 is that it does a grand job with DNG files - and there's no work to do when they finally support the full camera .
This will sound odd coming from an M8 owner, but I really can't afford to buy a GR-D II, not without selling something or forgoing something else. Most of my photo gear comes from gifts and grants. (Which is one of the reasons I love the new Voigtländer!)

Since A2 already plays well with D-Lux 3 RAW files, it would make more sense for me to get the software instead of the camera.

jonoslack

This will sound odd coming from an M8 owner, but I really can't afford to buy a GR-D II, not without selling something or forgoing something else. Most of my photo gear comes from gifts and grants. (Which is one of the reasons I love the new Voigtländer!)

Since A2 already plays well with D-Lux 3 RAW files, it would make more sense for me to get the software instead of the camera.
Well, I'll tell you what I think.
I think that the d-lux 3 files are better than the GX100 files (if you look carefully at Sean's samples it looks like it there too). They might not be so 'funky' and it doesn't have some of the features, but the little leica has a longer focal length. I wasn't fair to my GX100 (didn't fiddle enough before getting rid of it).

Me? If I'm going to take black and white indoors, then I've always got room for an M8 with a small lens - always. The D-lux makes a great SLR substitute when I want to travel light, but not so much an M8 substitute (at least, not for me).

So, I reckon that the GX100 is only another solution to the same problem the D-lux3 solves, and I'm not sure it's a better one (I've had my arm twisted over which to have, and I've got the Leica). At least it's arguable.

I'm the world's worst at GAS, and getting a GRD II or GX100 really isn't an issue in the larger scale of things . . . but I haven't! Times I'd use the GRD, I could always carry an M8, times I'd use the GX100 the Dlux already does a grand job.

but what do I know!

jonoslack

I reckon we're on the same page on this one, Jono. Thanks for confirming my own ideas, mate!
Right - for parties pop your M8 in your purse (it's what I do). For those close ups on the country walk then the d-Lux3 does a grand job.

quadtones

Hello all,

Haven't gotten out much lately, so here is my interior landscape of late. 28mm Summicron @ f2.8, iso 120 - 2/3 ev. Grain emulation is Delta 400 using DxO Filmpack.

--Norm

quadtones

Another "interior landscape"-- following evening, different club, same pub-crawler.

iso 1250 , film emulation is P3200. 35mm Summicron, f/2.4, approx.

Norm

JWW

Couldn't resist getting this new toy - pristine late model M3 (Gas attack!). What a butter smooth shutter release that is!

Also Chelsea on Maui from yesterday. Both 75lux.

Jan

Last edited: