The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More M8 Fun [POST YER PIX!]

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
By the way great Japanese at Sushi Ran in Sausalito (yum!!!)
I'll mention this and the other recommendations to our hosts, I'm in heaven with too many great options. By now, travel/flying tales of woe are probably old hat, so I've decided to focus on the rest of the trip and all of its potential for the guilt-free breaking of resolutions.

Horacio: Great shots, I really like the night shot.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Hello people!!!

This is my first post in this forum and I think the best way to celebrate is by placing pictures (which I hope will be uploaded alright)...
All of them shot in San Miguel Allende, Mexico, early Sept/07.

Cheers,

Horacio
Hi Horatio and welcome! The shots look like they are interesting, but there is something wrong with the web conversion, I think. All detail has been lost and they are a very low resolution and file size.

H

hrosell

Hi Horatio and welcome! The shots look like they are interesting, but there is something wrong with the web conversion, I think. All detail has been lost and they are a very low resolution and file size.
Thanks Jaapv!

Yes, something went wrong. I'll check again but maybe you have any suggestion?

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Here's a couple with the 28 elmairt...and yes (docmyeyes) I do shoot in color....sometimes :D Click on image for enlargement.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Here is one of my out-takes from Leica Day. I couldn't drive because of a medical problem, so I had to have my husband drive me to the town square of the next town over. He gave me 30 minutes...don't you love it! :ROTFL: Actually, I appreciate that he drove me there... through Friday afternoon traffic.
I feel like Maggie does... I too, live in an un-inspiring place. I will have to admit that at least it is usually sunny. I'm going out next week (when I can drive again) and find something interesting around here. She has inspired me to look harder!

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie,
You have no idea what these golf carts look like...these are tame. I've seen '57 chevy's, hot rods, model T's, decked out for every state and sports team, 4 seaters, city cars, etc. Hey, maybe I should do a series on that!:ROTFL:
Baby boomers having fun!

Maggie O

That'd be cool! I see some pretty crazy carts when I visit my folks down at Sun City, TX.

Speaking of cars, here's a phonecam shot of my new (to me) '04 WRX:

I traded my '05 Outback Wagon for it even up! Captain Slow no more! Can't wait to take it home in a couple of days. (I suspect it will meet the M8 shortly thereafter.)

Last edited:

hdrmd

MWalker: I got to this thread a little late, but your first shot ( deserted 2 ) is a wonderful use of color, and the second shot is a nice depiction of a very familiar site in rural Kentucky and Indiana. DR

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie,
Congratulations on the new car. Enjoy! That is a nice shot for a phonecam. I never have used mine except to take a shot for my phone background.

MWalker,
I was amused that your car matches the blue in the merry-go-round shot. Your Porsche is a beauty.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
DR thanks, Cindy was right that was a lucky find....it was a deserted school in Bandana, KY. :) See another pic in my gallery titled "field study", that was taken there too.

Cindy, That car was years of blood, sweat and ....money...:D

Last edited:

Maggie O

Gorgeous 911, Mike!

Maggie, those are fast cars...you'll love it.
I hit 100MPH during the test drive without even breaking a sweat. I wasn't even trying- I just wanted to get a feel for how the engine felt as it revved close to the redline.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Tim,
Your left coast shots are terrific. I really like the Mustang and the hot rod.
Thanks! Something about cars and California, it meets my East Coast expectations.

LOVE the carrots!!!
Thanks Jack. Everyone seems to want me to eat healthy. So far I'm going along with it, but I don't know how long it will last.

Speaking of lasting... I took the M8 out for a stroll this morning only to discover that it was stone dead. I have the battery in the charger but I'm suspicious. If it turns out to be something more sinister I'll be pissed since it's the only camera I brought with me. I've read (and ignored) posts here and elsewhere about unresponsive M8s. Is there a trick to getting them back in action besides a fully charged battery? What's the little switch next to the battery do?