The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More M8 Fun [POST YER PIX!]

Peter Klein

Here's some fun from last weekend. It was a lot of fun, because it was sunny and 79 F (26C) in normally soggy Seattle. It didn't stay that way for long--it rained most of this past week, and snowed last night. But it was fun while it lasted. M8 and 50 Summicron for the first 3, 90/3.5 VC Lanthar for the last.

1. Angry dancer throws partner at camera (actually Brazillian Capoeira).
2. Pomeranian who thinks he's a kangaroo
3&4. Street performer who walked a portable tightrope while singing "Let It Be" --horribly.

I'm not sure which I prefer of the tightrope walker. I like the way the yellow sign echoes him in the first one, but the second one is tighter.

Enjoy!
--Peter

Last edited:

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Very good series, Peter.
My offering is a bit more grim...

On the ramparts of Hellevoetsluis the rests of the German defenses from WWII are still around. Ironically, they were built on top of the old defenses against the British from time of Boswell and Pepys....
M8, Elmar M 50/2.8

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nice shots Peter, I love the last one except for that darn sign behind him.

Jaap I like the look of the old building

Terry

Charles,
Well done. Can't believe you got the angles lined up. I didn't notice if they've turned the fountains on...I want to do some longer exposure night shots there with the fountains going.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Charles,
Well done. Can't believe you got the angles lined up. I didn't notice if they've turned the fountains on...I want to do some longer exposure night shots there with the fountains going.
Terry - the fountains are on and the weather seems to be cooperating.

I went by the Carousel today and got nothing once again. As I was approaching, two young girls had just gotten off and walked up to me commenting on my camera (the M8), something to the effect of, "Oh wow, cool!" I soon realized they had no idea what it was, they just liked the look of it. One of them was sporting a Holga and I asked if I could take a photo of her Holga on which I had already complemented her. She obliged. This is my Carousel photo.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice CMB. There's something encouraging about seeing someone that young with a Holga. The anti-tech Holga kinda blows the stereotype.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Admit it, after all the reading and studying and fussing, the simplicity of "Optical Lens" is kind of refreshing. Gold Star for the Product Manager at Holga.