The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

.85 or .75 or .58 ?

drazin

hey folks,

i currently have a .85x viewfinder m6 but i have always found it hard to see the bright lines for with my 35mm lens.

i do not wear glasses, and i plan to add a 50mm lens to my kit.

would i be wise to change to a .72 or .58 viewfinder?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
tough call. I would say the .72 is ideal for 35 and 50 and you can easily add the 24 and 90 when needed; .85 is obviously best for 90 and 135, though it certainly works well with the 50 and 75; and the .58 I loved for the 35 on down, though did use the 50 on it when needed. I shoot wider, my favorite lenses being the 28, 35 and 50, so if I were going to have two bodies, they would be the .58 and .72.

charlesphoto

I currently have a .58 M7. I used to have both .58 and .85 M6's. Worked great as a pair esp if you want to shoot with a 135 (no lines in the .58). The .58 gives one really good eye relief with the 35. When I do shoot my M7 now (rare alas due to the M8) the 35 lux is glued to it. But I've shot a 90 on it no problem either.