The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

robsteve

Subscriber
Maggie, what are the two planets in these shots? Here I went to the straight 400mm to get a wider field of view.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Rob:

That's a very good lens --- on my monitor I can actually see a hint of a ring on Saturn :thumbs:

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
The bright object is Saturn, at its brightest this year, no less, and the dimmer object is the star Regulus.
"Jack Horkheimer, host of the PBS show "Star Gazer," called the event "the moon, the lord of the rings and heart of the lion eclipse.""

And it's an incredible image! Way to go!:thumbup:

Maggie O

Jack Horkheimer just slays me! I remember when his show was called Star Hustler, but I guess that made him sound more like an agent than an astronomer.

gogopix

Subscriber
one of the first DRM shots I too, at Reagan in DC with 180mm
printed the optical illusion of the wing 'clipping' the tree is amazing. Not going to get this shot with an M8!:angel:

Victor

Last edited:

PeterA

Starting to go for walks around the neighbourhood now..just a tree backlit with the 19mm on the DMR - love those moon shots!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Peter, nice to see that you are up and about, if only in the neighborhood. Nice image from the 19mm.

PeterA

Thank you CMB - I am enjoying the new found freedom to walk :) Lookin forward to having teh energy to do some planned shooting. :)

fotografz

Show us what you've got. We can't let the M8 images dominate. I know that there are a lot of great DMR images out there.

The DMR may be old school, with most of the focus now on the M8.... I'm struck with just how impressive the DMR is/was to use.

When the R10 is introduced, here's hoping Leica is careful to duplicate the "look" that was achieved with the DMR. Kurt
Here's a DMR/9 shot captured on a walk down to the Starbucks early one morning.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
I am on vacation in the Carribean Island, Isla Margarita. I brought the DMR for longer stuff, along with a 100mm macro.

This huge grasshopper or locust showed up by the pool. He vas probably five or six inches long and when he flew, his body under the wings was red.

Anybody know what it is?

Robert

This is the full rez crop.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow :bugeyes: what a completely fantastic bug skull macro capture, Rob
I don't want to meet that fellow on the street after dark :D