The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

robsteve

Subscriber
Jaap:

I need to get my 105-280mm out more often! Great shots. That lens really performs well on the longer end.

Robert

overgaarcom

Those Africa shots are crazy. I never never never ever considered a 105-280mm Vario-Elmar-R f/4.2 but those are fantastic!

The lions are a winner for internet but the three and car is great composition, especially as you probably "saw" that image from the car and went over to do it.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Thank you Thorsten :salute:. You are right about the car shot. Actually I had to walk quite a bit as I used the long lens. It made me a bit nervous, as there were Lions about (but not too close;)).
And thanks Rob and Terry :)

jaapv

Subscriber Member
TV stars

The Three Brothers, featured in the BBC series "Big Cat Diary" VE 105-280, 1.4x apo DMR

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Finally the Rain is coming

What the inhabitants of this Masai village have been waiting for for two years. It came just in time to save their cows. A shot along the road, using -guess ;)- the VE 105-280.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Re: TV stars

Woops -wrong shot - The Mother and Daughters from the same series -Brothers coming up later in this Forum ;)

The Three Brothers, featured in the BBC series "Big Cat Diary" VE 105-280, 1.4x apo DMR

carstenw

Great shots, Jaap. I do find the boke a bit funky in the first shot, and slightly in the second as well. Those clouds look painterly, in the worst way :)

carstenw

Ah, interesting. No, I guess is should stay that way then. Very interesting. Do you have a 105-280 shot with similar relative distances in cold air?

zonevt

I would like to be posting more DMR photos but last week the dreaded weak ISO thumb-wheel fell off. I have one of the early models which had a weaker version installed. I sent it to Leica NJ with an estimated four week turn-around time. I hope they are kind and speed up the repair.

zonevt

While waiting for my DMR to come back from service.....I found this image from last year taken at the Granby zoo in Quebec, Canada. Two young black rhinos playing. Taken with R9/DMR and 180 2.8 APO lens.

doug

I've been looking for a photo like this for a few years: a Wild Turkey with some fall color in the background. Finally got one this morning.

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO

Last edited:

zonevt

I've been looking for a photo like this for a few years: a Wild Turkey with some fall color in the background. Finally got one this morning.

R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO
Nice turkey photo Doug.....I live in Vermont where we have very bright red foliage colors but my favorite is the warmer golds and yellows that come a little later in the season like in yours......Tom.