The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Well, these little things don't pose ;) they jump around all the time. You opened a can of worms there - baiting for an image is considered unethical in wildlife photography circles, as is any form of postprocessing beyond the basics.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Well, these little things don't pose ;) they jump around all the time. You opened a can of worms there - baiting for an image is considered unethical in wildlife photography circles, as is any form of postprocessing beyond the basics.
That leads to the obvious question, Jaap, what did you use to bait the lions ... some unsuspecting Canon or Nikon shooter standing next to you? ;)

Kurt

otumay

That leads to the obvious question, Jaap, what did you use to bait the lions ... some unsuspecting Canon or Nikon shooter standing next to you? ;)

Kurt
That would be a high-risk solution, Kurt.
A safer way maybe is to employ a preoccupied Sigma DP1 shooter (like me) waiting for his or her camera to save the previous image to the memory card, STANDING AT LEAST 200 M AWAY!

Osman

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Kurt
Safari companies always provide a tasty guide :D All Canons seem to have disappeared from the tourist safari circuit btw - only Nikons.:confused:

woodyspedden

Time to get a few recent ones in :) All taken with the VE 105-280, the Eagle with the Apo-extender 1.4x.

I must tell you that this image brings a whole new meaning to the term "knarly sex" The image is haunting all on its own but the expressions on both aniamals faces are beyond compare.

Congratulations to you Jaap. You have a way with this camera

Sincerely

Woody Spedden

robsteve

Subscriber
Shot a bit of hockey in the back yard today. We live on a lake and I and a few neighbors try to keep a large sheet of ice clear for the kids and not so young kids to play on.

Nitnaros

Two images from our town in Morris County/NJ, 40km west from Manhatten.

Beautiful lakes, frozen landscape.

R9/DMR, 15mm/f2.8; the camera rocks under these conditions and with C1 in post...

Best - Peter

bensonga

Seeing all these great images......I just can't understand what Leica was thinking when they dropped the R-series.

Gary

J

jamesto

Re: My Photo for the Day

Dear Fellow DMR Users,

I was strolling around Taichung, Taiwan just before lunchtime and felt an impulsive need to use my DMR!

Taken with a Summilux 80mm at f1.4...

Thanks and best regards
JAMES

doug

Last weekend, a Burrowing Owl just as the sun was dipping below the horizon:

R8/DMR, 180 f/2.8 APO, 1.4x