The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

David K

Workshop Member
Seeing all these great images......I just can't understand what Leica was thinking when they dropped the R-series.

Gary
+1 Beautiful shots guys. Hope to add some of my own when mine comes back from service.

@Doug This kit was made for you. I haven't seen anything else out there that can do better for your kind of photos.

fotografz

Seeing all these great images......I just can't understand what Leica was thinking when they dropped the R-series.

Gary
Ditto.

A R10 with AF lenses at a bit of a premium to Canon/Nikon Pro model bodies would have solved all my problems.

Instead we get a "Sultan of Brunei" priced S2. :angry:

Marc

gero

Shot a bit of hockey in the back yard today. We live on a lake and I and a few neighbors try to keep a large sheet of ice clear for the kids and not so young kids to play on.

Rob, I´m wondering if you have seen (photographed) some of the winter Olympics? It would have been nice to be in that inaugural ceremony with a camera.

doug

A Trumpeter Swan, yesterday morning:

both: R8/DMR, 180mm f/2.8 APO, shoulder stock & monopod

Paratom

Just went through some pages here and the DMR images are still the best I have seen besides MF.
Color and contrast and detail is just so rich compared to other cams.
I think it just was such a bad bad bad idea from Leica to not develop a digital R10 but the S2 instead.
Maybe they understand it one day - IMO every further day they waste with the S2 is lost money. Downsize the S2 as fast as possible to an R10 which takes the old Leica R lenses and then step by step offer AF lenses.

Nitnaros

From a headshot session for an "Into the Woods" musical;

R9, 60mm/f2.8 macro.
One light, profoto zoom reflector, grid.
And "one tree".
Processed in C1 and PS.

Peter

robsteve

Subscriber
Rob, I´m wondering if you have seen (photographed) some of the winter Olympics? It would have been nice to be in that inaugural ceremony with a camera.
Geronimo:

I watched lots of Olympics on the TV, but they were on the other coast of Canada from me.

I am on vacation in Florida for the next week or so and have the DMR with me. Working on getting David K out for a shoot while I am here.

Robert

robsteve

Subscriber
Downsize the S2 as fast as possible to an R10 which takes the old Leica R lenses and then step by step offer AF lenses.
I got to handle the S2 at Dale Labs earlier this week. I would be happy if the R version was the same size, as it felt smaller and lighter than my DMR with a 35-70mm f2.8 on it.

BTW, David Farcas was kind enough to lend me a M8 charger while I am here, as I forgot to bring mine. That is the type of service you get from good dealers. I haven't even bought anything from him yet!

Robert

PSon

I also just visited David Kipper when I was in Orlando. It took about 3 hours drive to him but it was worth it to see an old friend. David is also a great fan of the DMR. Today I decided to take the DMR out for my shooting session. This is one of the image from today work .
Best Regards,
Son

PSon

Thanks Charlie, the colors of the Leica R lens and DMR are memorable.

Here are a couple more images from today work. The last image, I like to see texture and contrast.
Best Regards,
Son

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Son, good to see you shooting the DMR, it's still a wonderful camera especially if paired with the right lenses. This is a friend of my daughter's who I've known since she was a little girl. Not such a little girl anymore. This shot taken with the Angenieux 70-210. A little extra "glam" treatment because it was for her boyfriend :)

robsteve

Subscriber
Thanks Charlie, the colors of the Leica R lens and DMR are memorable.

Here are a couple more images from today work. The last image, I like to see texture and contrast.
Best Regards,
Son
Son:

Was the B&W shot with the 35-70mm f2.8?

BTW, I have my DMR here with me in Florida too. Didn't bring any big glass like your 180mm f2 though.

Robert

J

jamesto

Exhibition

Hello Everyone!

I have several of my favourite DMR images displayed as part of an exhibition entitled "Once Upon A Time in Asia" in the "Our City Otautahi Art Gallery" in Christchurch, New Zealand between March 24 and April 20 2010.

If you happen to be in this part of the world, feel free to drop by! Everyone is welcome, and entry is free!

This one was taken by Lake Tekapo in the early hours of one chilly morning using a 19mm Elmarit (first version).

Best regards
JAMES

PSon

Son:

Was the B&W shot with the 35-70mm f2.8?

BTW, I have my DMR here with me in Florida too. Didn't bring any big glass like your 180mm f2 though.

Robert
Robert,
Yes you nailed it, the B&W image was shot with the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 2.8/35-70 that I just acquired. I really enjoy using this lens and it is becoming my favorite lens to use. I may have to cut the mirror of the 5D mark II to use it with the Canon sensor. I think you have this lens with you now in FLorida. I hope your vacation is a great one with your family and many great images as well.
Best Regards,
Son

PSon

Son, good to see you shooting the DMR, it's still a wonderful camera especially if paired with the right lenses. This is a friend of my daughter's who I've known since she was a little girl. Not such a little girl anymore. This shot taken with the Angenieux 70-210. A little extra "glam" treatment because it was for her boyfriend :)
David,
Great image and post processing as well. You are getting really good at the technique. The girl is lovely too by the way.
Best Regards,
Son