The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DMR Image Thread

gogopix

Subscriber
had to lay on the ground for this, :eek:

get his head out of the trees. Low up is interesting, but tough when the players are 3' instead of 6':ROTFL:

also, when the game is boring (as it ALWAYS is) you are closer to a nap position!:D

on golf, well in a few years, but you are right, keep the elbows quiet (works for level baseball swing as well.)

My wife is coaching him. I am untrainable! :)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Woody - I was tempted to buy yours as a backup, but realized I haven't slipped down the slope that far that I need backup lenses, well not yet anyway.

Marc - I have the 35/2 but I trust your judgement and opinion so I will have to look into the 35/1.4. What about the 50/1.4, does it also have the same look? What about the older 50/1.4 with E55 filter thread as compared to the latest version (E60)?

fotografz

Woody - I was tempted to buy yours as a backup, but realized I haven't slipped down the slope that far that I need backup lenses, well not yet anyway.

Marc - I have the 35/2 but I trust your judgement and opinion so I will have to look into the 35/1.4. What about the 50/1.4, does it also have the same look? What about the older 50/1.4 with E55 filter thread as compared to the latest version (E60)?
The 35/1.4 and 80/1.4 are old time rock 'n roll, and have a certain character to them that's becoming lost with all the ASPH and APO lenses. More artistic, so to speak. I've not used the 50/1.4 E-60, but it is supposed to be wonderful.

EH21

I've got the newer E60 50mm lux and its very nice. Actually I also have a new copy of the 50mm 'cron too and there are subtle differences but they both have the same sharpness in terms of fine detail. I have been trying to decide which of the 50's to keep for a while now.

Stuart Richardson

The new 50/1.4 has a very nice, gentle character to it. It is still quite sharp wide open, but it is not biting in any way. The bokeh is nice as well. I find that it is a little more "modern" than either the 35/1.4 or 80/1.4, but it is still not reminiscent of the harshness that lenses like the 28/2, 50/1.4 ASPH or 90/2 APO ASPH can give you. Here are some samples.
I believe this was at or near wide open...if not totally wide open, then definitely wider than 2.8.

This is fully wide open (and misfocused, but the bokeh is so nice!)

Another, not quite wide open

Well, sorry they are all from the same basic place...I just forget what else I specifically took with it...

cmb_

Thanks Terry!

Hey you should be packing your Pelican bag now, aren't you leaving tomorrow?
Looking forward to seeing images from you in San Juan.

I don't think I've seen a bad image from you with this lens:D
I have a whole hard drive full of them and an occasional keeper!

Terry

Thanks Terry!

Hey you should be packing your Pelican bag now, aren't you leaving tomorrow?
Looking forward to seeing images from you in San Juan.
This trip the pelican is for clothing and laptop. Going carry-on and traveling light - so
1 M8 with 12,21,28,50 and using Guy's 75 cron
1 D300 with 50, 18-200, 24-70
1 GRD2

It all fit in the Domke J803!!!!! (OK small lie - the ginormous Nikon hoods are going in my other bag).

doug

This morning at Alameda south shore beach:

R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8, shoulder stock, monopod & UET-R extension tube.

robsteve

Subscriber
This is a three image shift/stitch Pano from San Juan. I used the Leica 28m and shifted 10mm each way. The stitched file is over 6700 pixels wide.

cmb_

Doug - both are very nice but I like how the bird is framed by the curve of the waterline and the incoming wave in the second image. Very nice indeed.

doug

Another one, a Green Heron:

R8/DMR, 560mm f/5.6 Telyt, shoulder stock & monopod.