The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's your M8 been in the past year?

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Despite a few minor annoyances (and a trip back to the factory for the upgrade), my M8 stays by my side no matter where I go. For me, this in and of itself, is a revelation. I suspect the M8 has truly become the best travel option out there. So, where's your M8 been during its first year?

Here's my list:

Germany (for the upgrade)
Norway (vacation)
U.S. (work): Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Austin, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Germany on it's own . Likes to travel alone sometimes. LOL than it traveled with me to Germany , Austria and Switzerland. Domestic travel NY, LA, Florida, Dallas, Kansas, San diego, Yosemite, New Jersey and a few places i forgot.:D

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My first M8 was in Florida, Arizona, California, Germany, Georgia and finally, South Carolina (where it died). Second one visited Wisconsin, Michigan and then back to New Jersey. Third one has visited Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota (Badlands, Black Hills, Custer SP), Wyoming, Colorado (Vail), Utah (Arches, Bryce, Page, Lake Powell), California and is now vacationing in Lake Havasu, Arizona (and working beautifully).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Cindy my brother- in- law Tim owns 5 restaurants in Lake Havasu. Shugrues, Barley Brothers, Macay Cafe ( spelled wrong), Javelina Cantana and Mad Dogs bar . When at Barley Brothers look at the appetizers there is one called Mancuso's Pretzel's. Soft , hot pretzels with spicy mustard.:):)

S

Shootist

I don't get around to much. Georgia, of course, North Carolina, Virginia and by itself to NJ. My lenses have also been to Germany, although by themselves.

woodyspedden

Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Krakow, 1600 or so miles in a Porsche with the Leica guys in Germany, two weeks in Mesa Verde, Sedona, Zion, Bryce and Capitol Reef, and finally in Yosemite for most of a week with Guy and Jack.

The M8's have some serious frequent flyer miles this year

Sad to say next year will be quiet by comparison

Woody Spedden

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
London, Westminster, Salisbury, Bath and the Cotswolds UK
Sudbury Massachusetts (home)
Del Ray Beach Florida
San Diego CA
Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent and Bruge Belgium
Damarrescotta Maine
New Fairfield CT for the Fourth of July
San Francisco a couple of times
Smithfield Rhode Island
West Yarmouth Massachusetts
Banff Canada
Yosemite CA
Scottsdale AZ
Now vacationing at home ;)
New Fairfield Connecticut for Thanksgiving
then a couple of days in San Francisco followed by
Munich for Christmas and Prague for New Years.
Next year I am hoping for Yokohama and Beijing in April
oh, and of course, probably Moab in February
-bob

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Hmm., let me see:
Netherlands (home)
Germany
Italy
Great Britain
Czech Republic
Florida