Site Sponsors

Thread: Shoulder Bag Review

Post Thanks / Like

Shoulder Bag Review

When I purchased My M8, all my bags were for Canon and there Lens. They were all too big. So time to search for a smaller bag.

If you are looking for a great carry around shoulder bag that is well made and priced right (under $80.00). The Black was $85. and the prices have dropped since I purchased mine. This may be the one for you.
    Domke F-10 JD Medium shoulder bag. Colors available are Sand, Olive and Black. The black bag has bright RED letters DOMKE on the flap. Using a black marker to cover the red would work. Size is 11.5 long x 6 deep x 9 high.
    Bag is water-resistant cotton canvas. Padded interior with 3 padded dividers and they are movable.
    2 Year Warranty.
    I purchased the Olive bag as it is the least noticeable, IMHO.
    And if you want something that is STEALTH looking to match your Black M8
    this bag will work.

I carry the M8, with a 50mm lens attached , a 50mm , 35 mm and a CV 15mm and there is room for 1 or 2 more lens that are protected(covered)
    The front pocket has lots of room for filters, batteries ect.

bags can be found here at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Shoulder.html
    Sunny Florida Rick of Fla

Jeff Laitila

Re: Shoulder Bag Review

I concur with this review.

I have been using this bag for a few months now. The only thing I don't like about it is the strong (and loud) velcro securing the front flap, but that was quickly fixed by a bit of gaffers tape.

It's a great solution for a single body with lens, and 2-3 additional lenses. The front zippered pouch is roomy, and the flat pouch/slot on the back of the bag is good for a small map or notebook. The top handle is very well designed, much better in my opinion than a hand strap that runs from D-ring to D-ring and ends up getting in the way when you want to quickly get at your gear. As would be expected, the gripper shoulder strap works like a charm. It has just the right amount of "gription", but is still very comfortable.

It's a bit stiff when brand new, but like all Domke's it only gets better with age.

Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased this bag myself. Haven't put it through it's paces yet but I agree that's it's a great sized bag. Also agree the velcro is loud.

Post Thanks / Like

You should also look at the J803 domke satchel . Jack had some photos of how he configured his for 2 M8 s . Differences ..(1) depth is 3" which allows the bag to shape to your body (2) width is 12.5 inches which is needed to use with 2 m8s (3) black ballistic nylon with minimal domke lettering. The insert was from the standard F2 bag (a newer version is shorter and wider which is better because it doesn t grab on the lens hoods).

This configuration works for 2 bodies and up to 6 lenses which is my traveling set. When working the bodies are out and the bag is easy to use as a carry all.

Just another alternative in a nice line of bags.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I use this bag, the better I like it. It is great as a walk around bag. Used the bag in Canada last weekend at the Horse races.
    Sunny Florida Rick of Fla