The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

1st Use Of A Lens In 13 years.

beamon

13 years ago I bought a 90mm Elmarit-M, No. 11807. At the time, a buddy and I were docents at the AZ-Sonora Desert Museum. In our off time we would prowl the grounds with me taking happy snaps of people, and various ongoing interpretations with my M6 while my bud did the intense stuff with an R6. He upped and moved to Montana and I lost interest in photography. The lens was never mounted!​

So, along comes a rebirth of interest, an M8.2 and the lens finally was mounted and tried. No intention to offer great photographic art, here, merely checking the lens out. This was ISO 1250 and 1/3000 sec. That because the wind was blowing the bougainvillea all over the place so I upped the shutter speed accordingly. Bokeh is smooth; the noise is tolerable…to me at least.​