The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Requests for Summarits

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just sent a note to leica NJ to see if i can get my hands on some of the new Summarit lenses to test for the forum. Hopefully being a Leica beta tester they can send me something if they have some demo's available. Fingers crossed

Guy Mancuso

Great news folks . Leica is sending me a whole set tomorrow to try out so I can give some feed back for you to digest

S

Sean_Reid

I see Mark Gowin just got a production 75mm Summarit to test. The lenses must be in NJ now.

Has Sean Reid gotten one yet?
Hi Rob,

I'll be able to start testing all four later this week.

Cheers,

Sean

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Peter , i think leica was really thinking here although i did say they need a line of lenses like this a year ago . I am sure the did NOT listen to me. LOL

But seriously what this does is get people in the door with coded ready to go lenses that perform very well at a very good Leica prices. 1500 is not that bad when you look at the rest of the line. The tough question is how they perform wide open. Obviously and we all know this is were Lux and Crons preform there best. So looking forward to trying these out. Personally i would think they will sell like hot cakes. ( famous american saying)

Now they need to get busy on some serious fast wide angles and some extreme wide angles. Like a 12mm and 15mm