The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M8 and Vosonic VP5500 question

S

SimonLarbalestier

Can anybody tell me if the Vosonic 250GB VP5500 Portable Storage Device supports the M8 RAW files?
According to their website it supports virtually everything else. I have emailed their support centre but just thought I'd ask here in case anyone knows

Many thanks

Simon

Last edited:
D

divory

I am sorry but the Vosonic site in English says that the VP5500 does not support the M8 and that is the reason that I have just ordered the more expensive VP8870. It also has a larger screen (4.3in) which should be useful in the field.

It may be that the English site is wrong, but it is worth checking.

David

S

SimonLarbalestier

David thanks looks like i'll be following in your footsteps....

best
Simon

D

divory

According to their site the VP5500 does not support the M8, although the site in German says it does. I just bought the more expensive (with a bigger screen) VP 8870 which does support the M8, but I must tell you the images are desaturated and of low contrast. In fact I will now have to use the raw + jpeg setting, for only the jpeg gives a reasonably accurate view of the image.

I am informing Vosonic and I hope a future upgrade will help.

David

S

SimonLarbalestier

David thanks for this info i was looking online at the model you have. I already have a Giga One Ultra 120 GB and 500 MB Nexto eXtreme neither of which have an image viewing option but at the time that didn't concern me. Having thought about this a bit more in relation to the projects i have in mind - it might make more sense to buy a PC Netbook and get it hacked for Mac OS or just wait for the rumoured Mac one which i'm sure will be expensive but desirable.....