Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mr. Lee is gone from Leica

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Mr. Lee is gone from Leica

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    I never expected much at PMA from Leica. Photokina is the place for them to show their new equipment. Nor can I ever figure out why everyone assumed we would have a FF M this year. .
    John:

I think people were expecting something exciting from Leica because the dealers and the representatives were hinting of something big. As I said a few posts up, it was a bit of a disappointment that the big announcement was just the upgrade program and even that anouncemnet didn't come from Leica until a day or so into the trade show, rather than at the opening night.

Even the press releases were a bit late and were mostly about existing lenses. I still get the feeling there was something not right about PMA. It could be they just were not very organized.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just relax, and wait to see what happens at Photokina.

Relative to Lee getting fired, I would strongly guess that he was having real issues with the productivity / loyalty in the company, and conflicts with the owner. When a CEO or other high level executive is let go in this manner, it is normally something very drastic which is tearing a company apart inside or an ethical issue.

I seriously doubt that the timing and manner in which he was let go, resulted from strategy or leaking information. That type of change is normally handled very differently.

Best,

Ray

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fellow takes a job as CEO of a company and as he's moving into his office the outgoing CEO hands him three numbered envelopes and tells him to open them in order as he runs into major problems. After a few months he encounters the first problem... opens envelope 1 which says: "Blame prior management"... which is what he does when called before the Board. Couple months go by and another problem arises... opens envelope 2 which says: "Blame economic conditions"... which also works fine for him. Third problem develops shortly thereafter and he opens envelope 3 which says: "Prepare 3 envelopes for the next idiot who wants this job"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is classic.
    What would have done it for me would have been announcements of a quality improvement program and a revamp and modernization of service worldwide.
    That I would have applauded!
    I still have a feeling that the web site was the final straw that sunk his ship.
    it is almost impossible to reposition the company that way given all of the other issues.