The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gloves, February, 2008

Maggie O

I'm a photographer, not a magician, Helen! :ROTFL:

Condolences on the lost gloves. I hate it when that happens!

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Maggie, I'm just so charmed by those gloves. Simple yet filled with mystery and stories.

Great seeing and realization....

Maggie O

Maggie, Do you have any shots to share from your new CV 35 f/1.4? I'd like to see some.:thumbup:
I just got it this afternoon, so it'll be a little bit. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow morning. I just finished processing 47 shots with the 50/2.

Maggie O

OK, since the iWeb pix are so damned small, let me post a bigger pair here, via Flickr:

35mm CV Nokton Test f 11

35mm CV Nokton Test f 1.4

M8 DNGs, processed in LightZone. I did the last batch in the new version of Capture One and it made me think the lens was horribly soft all over and not in a good way. Looking at the files in LightZone, they look a bit better, but I still think the focus might be off a touch. Not as sure now, as there are more distinct sharp areas in the LZ files.

Maybe I'll just send this lens back, I dunno. Kinda bummed. But that might just be the long day, the late hour and hormones. Feh.

Maggie O

One last update before I collapse: I ran a bunch of the files through Capture One LE and they looked about a million times better. Things that looked out of focus in the files from C1 v4, looked fine in the C1 LE files. Oy.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie,
I'm no Sean Reid, either. I hate lens testing, but when I got my new Noctilux, it was obviously backfocusing a bit. I tested by lining up yogurt containers on a diagonal line. That way you can see the label on all of them. Focus on the middle containers label, and it becomes quite obvious. I suggest that you must use a tripod to be sure. Put the M8 on timer mode to make sure their is no vibration. Jack's sidewalk method works, too.

I hope you get this all sorted out.