Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Voigtländer Nokton Classic 35/1.4

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Voigtländer Nokton Classic 35/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    Sean Reid did a review of the Nokton 35 1.4 and in fact used mine as one of his samples and I believe that Cindy Flood provided the other.

Both lenses back focused but one of the lenses was much worse than the other

Seems as though this backfocusing is part of what you get.

Otherwise a credible lens to be sure (and for this amount of money)

Woody
    I provided the other lens Sean tested, and it was quite bad, so Stephen Gandy replaced it for me with another copy, which has no noticeable focus problems and has become a workhorse for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I got one of these lenses in to test out and it is showing ZERO focus shift. I did controlled testing today and saw NO shift. It was sharp at 1.4, and got better when stopping down.

Its a sweet lens and Im not usually a fan of Voigtlander glass. So sweet in fact that I am buying one for myself. I just hope the one I get is a good one.
    Leica M8, M9 & Lens Reviews!
    http://www.stevehuffphoto.com

Aliesewly

Last Page

I love it at the stores in our area. Even if you are rightfully one of the first in line, everyone just glares at you like you shouldnt be there. I especially loved last year when I got a digital camera on sale at KMart. Got the last one, and everybody flipped. Then, the 2GB SD cards were on sale for like 12, I think. I had to make several attempts at getting over to their location because it was a popular spot for the elderly to hang out for some reason.

Senior Subscriber Member Mike Hatam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Has anyone worked the CV 35/1.4 on an M9 yet? How are the edges/corners?

Any opinions on how this lens compares to the Leica summilux (asph or pre-asph) or summicron (asph or pre-asph) versions?

Time for me to get a 35 on my M9, and thinking about the CV here.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Hatam
    Sony A99, RX1, RX100

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, I don't own the CV 35/1.4, but have heard it is a pretty good lens. From what I have seen on web images it compares well with Summicrons from F2 on (I've owned the 35 cron v3, v4, and asph), but does have more focus shift, and a bit of noticeable distortion, mostly with close up images.

As far as comparing with the pre-asph lux, the lux has more glow (mainly veiling flare) that some like, mostly when wide open, no noticeable focus shift, from which some samples of the CV lens may have. And no discernible distortions compared with crons.

I haven't compared edge sharpness, but wouldn't be surprised if the CV were sharper at edges than the pre-asph lux.

The CV can, in some circumstances, have a bit of harsh bokeh, if that is a concern. You can see this if you peruse some flickr galleries.

Also, min. focus distance of the CV is .7m, and is 1m for the pre-asph lux.

I haven't owned or used a 35 lux asph.

Hope some of this helps.

Here are some examples of what the 35/1.4 pre-asph does with the M8 at ISO 2500 wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hatam View Post
    Has anyone worked the CV 35/1.4 on an M9 yet? How are the edges/corners?

Any opinions on how this lens compares to the Leica summilux (asph or pre-asph) or summicron (asph or pre-asph) versions?

Time for me to get a 35 on my M9, and thinking about the CV here.

Thanks,
    Mike
    My Photography Blog here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hatam View Post
    ...Any opinions on how this lens compares to the Leica summilux (asph or pre-asph)...
    See http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...-f1-4-a-2.html