Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 21-Elmarit - New Dilemma

Digital Dude

Red face 21-Elmarit - New Dilemma

Today I will receive my long awaited silver 50’lux from my dealer. This joins my 28-‘cron as part two of my three-piece lens set. My third lens was going to be the 21-Elmerit although I now have some concerns. Unquestionably, I still want very much the 21-’El for home interiors although I’m getting seasick with all this talk of a possible FF M8. Specifically, I’ve read some threads that suggest that if this comes to pass, then the current 21 and 24 may not be as suitable as it is today. I have no idea what that means so I need a sanity check before committing to my next lay-a-way.
    Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: 21-Elmarit - New Dilemma

I doubt there would be a problem.
    If there is a FF M* in the future, the only issue you might have is that all your lenses would produce a wider field of view. As far as I am concerned that would be ok, but might tempt me to look for a longer lens at the top end.
    BTW, that 21 is a real fine piece of glass.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel,
    Congrats on the silver Lux. Looks to be a beauty.

Your question about the 21/2.8 somehow being less suitable IF (and that is a huge question right now) Leica does go to a FF for the M8(9), is a bit curious. Essentially, IF there is a FF digital M, the 21/2.8 will behave similarly to how the CV 15/4.5 does now on the present M8, as far as angle of view goes. With respect to composing things, is that you will probably have to use an external viewfinder, just as is needed with the CV 15 if you are really working hard to get composition, versus "guesstimating" and checking things on the LCD.

If the issue of suitability is related to edge details, and whether a FF sensor will be able to handle the wider lenses.....I do not think anybody has definitive information there, as there is no full-sized sensor in the M8 yet. Best comparison to date may be looking at the performance of these lenses on a film M. if the edges and corners are very sharp, that may translate quite well to a FF sensor if there are also good micro-lens alignments as are done on the present M8 sensor. Bottom line, nobody really knows yet, and those that might are not talking about it.

As an aside, I shoot a Zeiss 25/2.8 on my M8 and have no issues/problems at all. I did swap the lens mount and code it as a Leica 24/2.8, and I use a filter on it, but the results are excellent, in my opinion, and the camera firmware corrects what little vignetting and cyan corners there were. I do not have any point of comparison with the Leica 21/2.8, but others here may be able to offer their thoughts.

LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What Bob said. Not only an IF but a pretty hefty WHEN as to full frame M-whatever. In the meantime, the current M8 produces stunning images and will continue to do so. Interestingly, I just snagged a 135 APO for those rare occasions I want a long view, and in anticipation of FF, which admittedly may never happen now...

However, even if we never get any more digital M's, I'm happy with the ones I've got and the stable of lenses I've built around them. My big hope is that Leica is at least in business long enough to keep them serviced and running for as long as I can still raise them to my eye...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 21mm is a stellar lens and happy i bought one for sure. The bottom line for me and leica is simply this. there is nothing out there beating it up in image quality and until that day comes than me and my clients are really pretty damn happy. Going and looking at my images from Moab i can assure you the only thing that would have beat up my M8 on that trip maybe a only MF back. You can have all the Nikons and canons in the world which they both make stellar camera's but none of them match my images coming off a M8 or DMR for that matter. I would switch systems on a dime if i thought there was something better and anyone that really knows me has not only seen me do it 3 times but knows i am nuts enough to do it. Nothing is sacred in my bag. if it don't produce it is gone. Right now i am pretty darn happy with what i have and all the BS coming from the recent on goings at Leica is just that BS. Now from my seat if Photokinia does not have a M plan in it than i will move on to something else. I need to stay on top of the curve but I have faith in Leica to announce something smart on the M also. Not to mention the R10 and what that may bring
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    The 21mm is a stellar lens and happy i bought one for sure. The bottom line for me and leica is simply this. there is nothing out there beating it up in image quality and until that day comes than me and my clients are really pretty damn happy. Going and looking at my images from Moab i can assure you the only thing that would have beat up my M8 on that trip maybe a only MF back. You can have all the Nikons and canons in the world which they both make stellar camera's but none of them match my images coming off a M8 or DMR for that matter. I would switch systems on a dime if i thought there was something better and anyone that really knows me has not only seen me do it 3 times but knows i am nuts enough to do it. Nothing is sacred in my bag. if it don't produce it is gone. Right now i am pretty darn happy with what i have and all the BS coming from the recent on goings at Leica is just that BS. Now from my seat if Photokinia does not have a M plan in it than i will move on to something else. I need to stay on top of the curve but I have faith in Leica to announce something smart on the M also. Not to mention the R10 and what that may bring
    I still may add a Nikon to my system but that is for specific reasons .
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I still may add a Nikon to my system but that is for specific reasons .
    And you should clarify what those specific reasons are, so folks understand.

Let me guess... For all the stuff the M isn't good for, such as anything where SLR view or good AF gives better results like: longer telephoto, tilt-shift for product or tabletop and macro ???

Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Digital Dude

Thanks for the feedback. Based on these responses and the less than reliable information from Leica, I may just hold off on any new Leica gear until something more tangible is published in September. However, I still may well opt for the shutter update, provided Leica doesn’t recant the program. Frankly, I doubt that Leica will have many takers by the time they send out the certificates since the dollar just hit another all time super low.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Digital Dude; 28th February 2008 at 08:56. Reason: More to say...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    And you should clarify what those specific reasons are, so folks understand.

Let me guess... For all the stuff the M isn't good for, such as anything where SLR view or good AF gives better results like: longer telephoto, tilt-shift for product or tabletop and macro ???

Wise ***. i have no bloody reason, just want one so there. LOL

No just kidding i do need a long tele and stuff for product work. But I get more done with a M system than i should probably try to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yeah, I will refresh my Nikons as well.
    My reasons are telephoto in the 400mm range which I use for shooting wildlife (means I will probably do a D300), macro, and shooting hockey games (hmmm might mean a D3).
    Now that you mention it, that new tilt-shift lens looks pretty good too (er D3 again).
    Glad the kids have graduated and flown the coop
    -bob

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the wireless live view is appealing, eh? and that very nice 14-24 lens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dude View Post
    Today I will receive my long awaited silver 50’lux from my dealer. This joins my 28-‘cron as part two of my three-piece lens set. My third lens was going to be the 21-Elmerit although I now have some concerns. Unquestionably, I still want very much the 21-’El for home interiors although I’m getting seasick with all this talk of a possible FF M8. Specifically, I’ve read some threads that suggest that if this comes to pass, then the current 21 and 24 may not be as suitable as it is today. I have no idea what that means so I need a sanity check before committing to my next lay-a-way.
    Regards,
    A great lens indeed! Still having one pre-ASPH, Leica CLA'd & coded for sale, PM me if you are interested.
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART

Huwge

Daniel,
    why not get an old M6 and see whether you can borrow a 21 and 24 - you'll then see what you get with FF. You shouldn't lose anything on the experiment, hell you might keep the M6 before jumping on a lovely black paint MP
    Huw

Post Thanks / Like

speaking of the 21-elmarit and the m8, is an external view finder necessary for this combo, or the m8 view finder has the frame lines for this lens?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the M8's finder isn't wide enough to use it in the sense of having a rangefinder-like finder where you see the context of your shot- it's just too tight.

I use a 28mm Voigtländer finder with my CV 21 and it works perfectly. The DOF on the lens is deep enough that you really only need to do a quick check of the focus.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by thegrumpymonk View Post
    speaking of the 21-elmarit and the m8, is an external view finder necessary for this combo, or the m8 view finder has the frame lines for this lens?
    I just use the full viewfinder edge to edge for framing and then review the shots on the LCD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just ordered a D300 and a 24-70 today ... after weeks of agonizing over the fact that I miss my longer lenses.

Since I'm uncertain about an R10 future, I thought that I might as well explore the D300 and find out a little more about Nikon's tele line-up for wildlife while I wait to see if anything shakes out of Photokina 2008 with Leica.

It's great to be able to get a camera with some of the latest sensor technology, a raved about zoom, an extra battery and 2 high speed flash cards for a price that is less than many new M lens prices.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh, and I'd agree that the 21 elmarit is mighty fine lens ... and, it's available in chrome.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thinking the same thing Kurt. I have the 5D and thinking of selling it for the D300. I'm just not a fan of these canon bodies and i would not mind some of the new features that the nikon offers . i am probably going to lose a little with image quality between the two but i really don't care. I would get the D3 but it still does not beat my M8 in regards to ultimate resolution. maybe when they bump it up some . Still debating this. I actually start a job Sunday and would have been nice if i had the D300 to work with but i can't turn the 5d that fast with a 200 2.8 and 100 macro and get the Nikon and some type of tele

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I hear you, Guy. I'm really curious to spend a little time to mess around with the files on the D300. From what I've read, with the D300 you might get a stop and a half on noise (incredible anyway) but the image quality is very close. I'm thinking that I'd rather have the extra reach and the $3000 if the difference in file quality is nearly the same.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know people are raving about a couple of the newer Nikon zooms on the tele side, which are they? Are they "large"? There were some shots that would have been nice in Moab (like the La Sals) with longer lenses than a 90 or 135 on the M8. D300 plus one longer lens is less than the cost of a second M8 body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

...I would switch systems on a dime if i thought there was something better and anyone that really knows me has not only seen me do it 3 times but knows i am nuts enough to do it...
    Yep, I can vouch for Guy on this one - he is nuts. But, you can bet he is using the best equipment for the task at hand, whatever brand it is.

gtmerideth

Continuing the off topic trend the postman and the ups guy brought me a Pentax K20D and a ZK 50/1.4 today. Not a bad combination. Waiting for the ZK 100/2 for my macro work. The detail in the wheel is impressive. Not leica like though.
    g.

Digital Dude

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Oh, and I'd agree that the 21 elmarit is mighty fine lens ... and, it's available in chrome.

Kurt
    I thought Leica discontinued the silver 21-El awhile back. Having just received my silver 50-Lux last night I can see why. Still, I prefer the silver but I can only imagine that a silver 21 would feel like a piece of depleted uranium.
    Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    I know people are raving about a couple of the newer Nikon zooms on the tele side, which are they? Are they "large"? There were some shots that would have been nice in Moab (like the La Sals) with longer lenses than a 90 or 135 on the M8. D300 plus one longer lens is less than the cost of a second M8 body.
    Here you can see the three new Very Long tele lenses. Even the price is large
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...nses.asp#press
    But they are not zoom lenses.

So you are probably thinking about these two new zoom lenses.
    Those are the ones people have been raving so much about.
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...4-70lenses.asp
    But they are ultra wide and standard zooms respectively, not tele zooms.

Then there is this one, which is not even expensive.
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06...-300vrlens.asp
    But that one was announced 1½ year ago. So it is probably not that one you have read about recently ?
    I don't own it myself, but many over at the FM forum recommend it, fwiw.
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/616731/0

Back to the 21-Elmarit.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Bondo....back to the 21.....

Mitch Alland

As others have said above the 21 Elmarit ASPH is a very good lens and I would prefer it to have a 21 rather than 28mm EFL, as in the following two Tri-X pictures:

—Mitch/Bangkok
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, guess I mite as well toss my own experience into this ring. I've shot an "M" body for more years than I care to admit, along with just about every brand and model of digital to come down the pike. I've done the Nikon route, D1 & D1x. Then even did a Kodak 14N with it's Nikon mount. You want a long zoom? Find yourself a 70-200 VR-G used, and you will look no further. That lens, in my opinion, is an absolute classic in front of the right digital sensor. Fantastic lens. Far superior to the Canon 70-200 offering, especially wide open. Yea, it's big, but once you see what it can produce, the size and weight are easily tolerated. Real pretty. Try one and see for yourself, and you will save yourselves a big pile of bucks over the cost of a newer model, and give up NOTHING to them in image quality. With out looking "sterile" like so many newer lenses of a more modern vintage....

As to the 21 Leica "M" lens, well, I have two right now. My personal favorite is my 48 year old 21 SA on my M8. I also have the pre-ASPH 21 'El. For what I shoot, both of these lenses positively rock on full frame film (M6, M6 TTL, M7) as well as stunning on my M8. Hard to beat any of them, though again I personally prefer the look from the older lenses, even if they aren't as sharp. Sharp is way over rated also, in my book. You think that Cartier-Bresson gave a hoot about sharp? His magic was the geometry, not the lens resolution.... In fact, I don't believe I have ever seen a really sharp Bresson image in a print.

I have absolutely NO inclination what so ever that all of the Leica "M" lenses won't function just fine on a full frame "M" body. What they don't fix with software as long as your lenses are coded you won't mind one bit. And if you do, use one of the many software packages yourself to correct whatever doesn't please you. The game in digital now, as it was in the old film days, is half capture, and half post processing. That is why Jack and Guy go to such great lengths in their workshops to teach both. One without the other is only getting you half way there.....

The 21mm focal length is very much about the field of view and perspective. With the signature "look." You want ultra sharp? Use a 90 f2, or my personal favorite for sharp, the 24mm ASPH. But then, I shoot mostly people, and with the wider angle lenses. That 24mm ASPH is probably the sharpest lens in the M lineup as far as overall resolving power stopped down one or two stops. With incredible micro contrast, I mite add.

For myself, I see no point at all in waiting to buy a lens that you would use now if you can afford it. How many good images are you going to pass up today, just to buy into someone's marketing hype telling you to just wait and see what is coming down the road tomorrow? 200? 500? Hard to say, as that same hype doesn't tell you a darn thing about what will actually show up. I figure if it does the job I need to do today, then I have a winner with whatever is here right now. I try and take care of my needs today, and let tomorrow bring whatever it will. One thing I can guarantee you, whatever comes tomorrow is going to be three things. Different than you expect today, a whole lot more expensive than what you can pickup a used 21mm for right now, and way too late in coming to help you make beautiful images over the next year. Just my own opinion, others probably feel differently about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well said Chuck!

Especially the point about not waiting to buy a lens you would use right now: great images rarely stick around very long
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well the nice thing as the three of us know from testing the 21mm is they each have a unique signature to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the nice thing as the three of us know from testing the 21mm is they each have a unique signature to them.
    I attended the Rochester LHSA event last October and was blown away by black and white jazz photos taken by Sy Johnson, a famous jazz musician and writer from the 60's 70's era who lives in New York City. He had some tremendous tri-x photos taken with early Leicas and the 21 lens from that era. He raved about that lens as being his favourite for portraits on stage for his type of work.
    I use an 21 ASPH. black lens on my M8 and it's a beauty of a combination I think. I've got the black lens, since I do own a 35, 50 and 90 that are chrome. I think the weight savings on the black 21 means a lot when you are shooting that particular lens much of the time. I find the chrome lenses are heavy, but nice to look at!

Regarding the D300, I've been using one for two months now and find it a fantastic camera with wonderful files. I do a lot of interior photos of houses and find it great for that as well as landscape work and panorama work I like to do. I sold a Nikon D2X and was tired of using that body. It's too big to really enjoy long term in my mind. The D300 weight and feel is something I am enjoying very much compared to the larger bodies. I know the D3 is a super camera, but I'm just tired of lugging that size of body around all the time. You won't regret a D300 Guy!

Scott

Digital Dude

Thanks again for all these reassuring comments. Having just used my new 50-lux, I’m just now gaining some perspective. It’s really hard to measure performance when you start out with only one lens; in my case, it was the 28-cron. I can now see how the frame lines can lead one astray. Also, I can begin to understand the potential of the 21. I hate to admit that I may have bit off more than I can chew with the M8. There is soOoo much to learn compared to a DSLR. My daughter’s Nikon will practically focus spot-on when you’re sneezing while tripping over a bolder in the rain.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Digital Dude; 3rd March 2008 at 13:28.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Daniel,

You can find the latest chrome 21 elmarits in a few places ... you just need to search at some of the smaller dealers. It is heavier than the black version, but not enough that it bothers me. Like the 50 (you already have) it feels indestructible.

As far as shooting the M8 goes ...

Just try a little zen philosophy and simply shoot what feels good/interesting/right. You'd be amazed at where it will lead you. Most of the time, I simply use aperture priority (A) on the camera and just worry about f-stop. And, since Leica M glass is so good wide-open, you have a lot of f-stop choices available to use. Although I prefer manual focus, I'm not afraid to let the camera do its thing ... all you have to do is focus and compose.

Also, if you find that there is something that you enjoy photographing most, start there. When you are in your comfort zone, it's easy to forget about all of the mechanics of shooting.

Digital Dude

Indestructible is a good analogy. Heck, when I saw the shipping weight/charges I said to myself; what a rip-off. I didn’t pay much attention to the specifications of the 50-lux. Although when I first held it in my hands I was shocked! Yes, the silver 21 would look beautiful although I don’t have any idea what it actually weighs. Anyway, I have some time before having the resources to actually buy it.
    Regards,

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dude View Post
    Indestructible is a good analogy. Heck, when I saw the shipping weight/charges I said to myself; what a rip-off. I didn’t pay much attention to the specifications of the 50-lux. Although when I first held it in my hands I was shocked! Yes, the silver 21 would look beautiful although I don’t have any idea what it actually weighs. Anyway, I have some time before having the resources to actually buy it.
    Regards,
    300g black and 415g chrome

http://en.leica-camera.com/photograp...nses/2177.html

Digital Dude

Thanks! Well that’s a significant difference. Still, if the timing were right and I found one in near pristine condition and coded, it might persuade me.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Digital Dude; 3rd March 2008 at 18:10. Reason: added content

okram

I have one. But I am not selling

I am thinking about changing it for 75Lux, when if FF arrives....

Michael B. Elmer

Yesterday I received from Mr. Meister in Hamburg, Germany, my new Leica 21/28 asph together with a almost 50 years old and still like new SLOOZ 2.8 cm finder in black painted metal. A wonderful combination. The 21 mm lens is a wonderful piece of glass and I had almost forgot how nice a perspective a 28 mm. lens (as it is on the m8) gives you - it was almost my standard on the M6 and the 24 and 21 mm lenses will have to fight for the status as the body cap for my M8.

I also have the socalled Frankenfinder but honestly the SLOOZ is much more elegant and much easier to use (and also more expensive to acquire) , so the Frankenfinder will probably only be used with my WATE in the 16 or 18 mm position.

I used to have lenses in different finishes, such as titanium and black paint. However, after almost 50 years with Leicas I have now learned that one should always stick to the standard black finish of the lenses which - unlike titanium, black paint and chrome lenses - can be combined with cameras in all sorts of finishings.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been giving a lot of thought to the Elmarit 21 lately. Out of my nine lenses I have boiled them down to a carrying kit that suits me of just three. They are the CV Color Skopar 21/4, Lux 35 and Summarit 75. I have just sold a spare 28 Cron (have a coded version now) and 50 Cron (have the Lux) and can put the proceeds towards a 21 Elmarit. The trouble is, I rather like the CV 21! It is much smaller and lighter than the Elmarit, and if I use the edges of the viewfinder I don't really need an external viewfinder most of the time (I use a CV 28mm when I do - very bright and clear). No external viewfinder means the M8 and CV21 can go in a coat pocket, which is a great thing for walking round. The other thing I like about the CV is the short throw of the focussing lever, which makes it very easy and quick to focus. It is the LTM version, so I can have it coded with an LT-M8 adaptor. I have looked at the comparative photos in Sean Reid's review of 21mm lenses and can accept the slight fall off in definition at the edges. The Elmarit would give me one stop more speed, but 2.8 still isn't wide enough to really allow the narrow depth of field photos for which we love Leica lenses - and with a wide I have to admit there isn't so much point in having a beautifully focussed object surrounded by a very large area of blur (if the background is large and OOF I'm likely to crop some of it out at least).
    But that old Leica-lust is still there.....
    Can I justify the expense, size and weight for one stop more speed and crisper edges?

Chris

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris, not all examples of the CV 21 LTM have that fall off at the edges. I know that mine doesn't.

I would, however, like a faster 21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 21mm Elmarit - is an awesome lens on the M8 it holds its own very well, and I compare its performance to my Schneider lenses on Alpa and digi back. On the DMR the 19 is probably the sweetest lens I have ever used in wide angle for 35mm.

Nikon are all the rage at the moment - I will stick with my old tech 1dsmk11 for when I need auto focus. if Nikon made a 50 1.2 or 80 1.2 I would consider the switch. Re their wide zooms - I dont use CaNikon zooms - thats why I bought the two best zooms ever made by Leica in the mid end from Woody.

The more you guys shoot wide - the more you will eventually decide to buy a digiback and an Alpa - simple really - just expensive

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Folks!
    Now I've got my silver 21!...Kurt, you know it well!
    And here is a bit OT question for Guy, and all of you living in Arizona/California/Nevada:
    I'm gonna travel this August for a month across these states, and i would like to travel as light as i can, i guess I'd go for a 4 lenses set, but i'd prefer to go with 3, so would you consider the 21(on an M8) a not so wide lens for the kind of situations you're gonna face in your country?
    I'd like to travel with a 21-35-50 kit, but i know that i would maybe miss my CV12 or CV15, and maybe a 90, but a 5 lens kit is just something that i can't bear...

Thanks to you all for your answers, i know that this sounds like a " wow i have all of these lenses, and i wanted you to know!", but finally i like and use all of my lenses, so this is really something that needs your help to me!
    Nothing concerning a "vulgar display of power"!

P.S.
    I did my first selection tryin' to exclude contrasty lenses because of the strong sunny days, but I'm still uncertain...

Best Regards

Maurizio

www.mauriziobeucci.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Still like the 12mm in the mix. So 12,21,35 and maybe a 75 or 90. Not three just can't wrap my brain around three but if i was forced with burning sticks at my head than it would be 21,35,75 or 21,28,50. The math just does not woirk for me have to go 4.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mauribix View Post
    Hello Folks!
    Now I've got my silver 21!...Kurt, you know it well!
    And here is a bit OT question for Guy, and all of you living in Arizona/California/Nevada:
    I'm gonna travel this August for a month across these states, and i would like to travel as light as i can, i guess I'd go for a 4 lenses set, but i'd prefer to go with 3, so would you consider the 21(on an M8) a not so wide lens for the kind of situations you're gonna face in your country?
    I'd like to travel with a 21-35-50 kit, but i know that i would maybe miss my CV12 or CV15, and maybe a 90, but a 5 lens kit is just something that i can't bear...

Thanks to you all for your answers, i know that this sounds like a " wow i have all of these lenses, and i wanted you to know!", but finally i like and use all of my lenses, so this is really something that needs your help to me!
    Nothing concerning a "vulgar display of power"!

P.S.
    I did my first selection tryin' to exclude contrasty lenses because of the strong sunny days, but I'm still uncertain...

Best Regards

Maurizio

www.mauriziobeucci.com
    HI Maurizio
    I agree with Guy - you can't do 3 lenses . . . . having said that, I did Crete in September with 3 lenses:

South Western Crete with 3 lenses (just to irritate Maurizio)

but it was:
    Wate
    Mate
    75mm 'cron

A good mix as the 'cron works almost as a macro lens.

On the other hand, your CV12 or CV15 weigh almost nothing and take up no space.
    How about:
    12 / 21 / 35 / 75 (or 90) You'd get it all in a Small Hadley bag from Billingham, and hardly know you were carrying it!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 12mm is so small and light you will not know you even have it stuck in the corner of a bag

Digital Dude

Well, as you know I’m working the 3-lens arrangement of 28/50/21 with the 75-cron as my 4th. However, after playing with my new silver 50-lux, I've been reconsidering the firing order. Perhaps the 75 would see more use than the 21 for the short term while allowing more time for any September news to unfold.
    Regards,

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Europe with all of my lenses (at the time).

A 21mm Color-Skopar and a 35mm Ultron.

It worked out just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    I went to Europe with all of my lenses (at the time).

A 21mm Color-Skopar and a 35mm Ultron.

It worked out just fine.
    EXCELLENT point.

Jack

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My current lens kit is 21-40-50 (Zeiss, CV, Zeiss). The Zeiss glass is most excellent and the CV Nokton is quite the keeper. The only thing that may dislodge the 40mm is the new Zeiss 35mm Biogon and that really depends on its bokeh.

BTW, my CV 25mm f/4 & CV 75mm f/2.5 are going up for sale.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like

The 12mm is so small and light you will not know you even have it stuck in the corner of a bag
    This is the truth!
    I have to be fool to leave it at home