The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's up with the M8/M8.2?

dseelig

CAMERA SPECULATING IN THE digital era is the norm . Sell while you can get dollars before the new models come out. I just saw a canon insider selling his 1ds mk111 over at LL days after I sold mine. It made me wonder. I am sure the m9 will come out in a year or so. Am I selling my m8 no I can live without my 1ds mk111 as I have a 5d mk 11 and though not a camera for action the 5d compared to the 1ds I can make it work. As much as I have problems with the m8 I cannot live with out it. So I am keeping and will take a big hit at upgrade time.

jonoslack

Jono,youre a professional,its different for us poor amateurs who really have to make do with one system.
Hi Neil
I'm not professional . . . at least, not in the 'normal' sense of the word. I'm just fantastically wealthy, so I can afford what I want :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

On the other hand, I don't play golf, I don't have boats, my car is three years old and I do work quite hard. Photography is my extravagance. I think someone around here defined the term 'gentleman photographer' . . . I'm not really a gentleman, but the principle fits.

Part of my insistence for using film is based around poverty and a good deal on anti-dandruff shampoo I got a few years ago.When it runs out Im game for anything!
I didn't think people with hair like yours got dandruff? (I certainly don't, but I did get a job lot of foot cream a few years ago)

N

nei1

Jono ,Im delighted youre wealthy,should happen to all the nice people.

I was actually making an obtuse reference to the scratchy hair shirt with the shampoo being a slight help for its scratchiness but I do understand the mistake,my writing is terrible.Nothing wrong with a good head of celtic curls on anyone though,.........best to you,Neil.