The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Revamped Upgrade plan announced

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
"Dear LEICA M8 customers,

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]thank you very much for your positive reactions to our new M8 Upgrade Service we had introduced to you in our Newsletter four weeks ago. At the time, we had announced further information which is now following as promised.

Due to numerous suggestions you made we have revised the concept. Nothing has changed concerning the options – the scratch-proof sapphire glass cover for the LCD monitor and the noise-reduced shutter. We have just simplified the process for you. What’s new is:[/FONT]

Subjects

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Upgrading of separate options[/FONT]

Upgrades will commence as of August 2008[/FONT]

Upgrades in authorized LEICA M8 Service Centers[/FONT]

Upgrading of separate options

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It was planned to offer both options in one package, i.e. the sapphire glass cover together with the shutter. Now these options will also be available as separate upgrades. The three upgrade-options now available will cost:

- ex 1120,- EUR for both the shutter and the sapphire glass cover
- ex 750,- EUR for the sapphire glass cover only
- ex 800,- EUR for the shutter only

The stated prices include VAT and are valid ex Solms. Regional differences to these tariffs are possible. The camera’s warranty will be extended by another year after an upgrade. [/FONT]

Upgrades will commence as of August 2008

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Also new is that you can commission the upgrades either through your Leica dealer or directly through the Leica Customer Service as of August 2008,
Tel.: +49-(0)6442-208 - 165 or - 189
E-Mail: [email protected]
Important: Neither will an additional registration on the Leica Camera AG Homepage be necessary nor the acquisition of certificates – the order will be handled just like any other service commission. The payment will only be due before your camera is sent back to you. [/FONT]

Upgrades in authorized LEICA M8 Service Centers

As planned, fitting the sapphire glass cover and the shutter will presumably commence as of August 2008 in Germany, and it will also be possible (this is new) in all other authorized LEICA M8 Service Centers in the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, and Korea. Please observe that sending the camera to a Service Center is carried out at your own expense. Within the EU, you may call upon our Quick or Express Service for the upgrades.

We will inform you in due time in another Newsletter when the Upgrade Service is actually started.

Should you have any questions before that, please feel free to turn to your dealer or our LEICA M8 support."

Daniel

I e-mailed [email protected].

First, thank you for offering three different upgrade options - both shutter and LCD, shutter, or LCD.

I'm still quite confuse about the warranty aspect of your new upgrade program.

I'm wondering if this upgrade adds an additional year to existing warranty. For example, I've purchased my m8 in January 2008. If I upgrade my shutter, does this arrangement gives me an additional year to my existing warranty, or does the warranty resets to a one-year warranty. Or, my existing warranty remains, but the other one-year warranty applies only to the shutter.

Would you kindly clarify?

Kind Regards.​

By the way, I'm not getting any of these announcements via e-mail. I thought when I registered I'd be included in their mailings. Is there another place for me register?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
While I was posting this, someone put the same thing in the other thread. I can not delete this!!!!!:banghead::banghead: