The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hoodman RAW SDHC cards in the M8?

drazin

i was just at adorama and the salesman suggested i get the Hoodman RAW 8gb SDHC card over the 8gb Sandisk Extreme III SDHC. i bought 1 of each (the hoodman came with a sdhc reader which i needed)

does anyone have any experience with the hoodman?

stephengilbert

I bought a couple of Hoodman 2GB CF cards a year or so ago, and am happy with them. But their prices are so high that I can't call it a sensible move. I've been happy with SanDisk cards for less than half the price.

stephengilbert

Oops. My bad. The 8GB CF cards are about $180. I think I'd buy the Hoodman rather than the SanDisk for comparable prices.

drazin

really? how come ive never heard of this company... they are never on any of the SD/CF speed test charts (unless i missed them)