Site Sponsors

Thread: buying a used m6?

Steve888

buying a used m6?

Hello ,

back in 1996 I had an m6 and few lenses , got cough up in life and sold the kit (big huge mistake !) , so now I'm back on the game .. I'm on the market for a used m6 ..

what should I look for ? My only concern is that I'm working now in one of those overseas countries , so I have to buy on line .. could u guys suggest some reputable dealers ? I checked ebay , I don't wanna deal with some shady nyc dealers ..

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: buying a used m6?

Red Dot in London and Ffordes in Scotland.

As well as dealers I'd consider the Rangefinder classifieds - most of the guys there are reputable:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...wcat.php/cat/3

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would recommend RangeFinderforum, too.
    I would also recommend KEH. They are very conservative in their ratings. Most things that I have bought from them have been better than described. You might contact Sherry Krauter at Golden Touch ([email protected]). You could have it shipped to her and she could look it over for you. She has done that for me before. If you budget having her give it a CLA, it would be good to go, but even if you don't do a CLA, she will check out the condition for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Smile Re: buying a used m6?

Very nice recommendations by Cindy Flood and akiralx. I would add the Leica Shop in Vienna, Austria. https://www.leicashop.com/vintage/leica-c-1000.html. I have had nice dealings with them. Thank you. All the best, Leica 77

Post Thanks / Like

Ken Hansen in NUYC should have some m6 's best dealer ever. If you need contact info pm me David
    [email protected]