Site Sponsors

Thread: Match Techical Eclipse 1.25x magnifier??

Post Thanks / Like

Match Techical Eclipse 1.25x magnifier??

Anyone has experience with this on digital M? I like the idea of using it on longer lenses (ie. 75mm or 90mm), but not sure if it will help much. Any comment is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Match Techical Eclipse 1.25x magnifier??

The 1.25 magnifier does help focusing with longer lenses and I use one. Not the one you mention though. The product is from Tim Isaac, who also does the Thumbs Up and a few other things. He's a great Guy and the products he produces are 1st class

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Leica 1.25x, 1.40x and the HK Supplies 1.25x. While they magnify view as advertised, there is a reduction in contrast. I feel like I can focus better without a magnifier because the contrast is better. I started with HK Supplies and thought the contrast might be better with Leica. To my eyes there were the same. This is probably one of those items where personal preference plays a big part in overall satisfaction. If you're not sure, give HK Supplies (or Match Technical) a shot. It's not terribly expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO you need more than 1.25 to work well with longer lenses. Try the Japan Exposures 1.35. I use for 50mm on M8. It has the advantages of including diopter correction - & of being cheaper than Leica. It's 'not available' for your camera - order it for some kind of scope.

Kirk