The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New(to me) M8 observations

drazin

frame lines! the framelines are completely useless to me. they are not even close! i can use them as a guide, but i cant believe how off they are!

dust! the sensor was COVERED in dust which i mostly removed with some air.

crop. the crop factor throws off everything for me making it hard to prepare.

so far i am enjoying it. it is becoming my go-to walk around camera and i will keep my 5dmkii for concerts and other really low light stuff.

Gary P

Hi Drazin,

Don't get discouraged, it's like a new pair of jeans. There scratchy and uncomfortable at first, but you walk around a little and get a couple of washes in, and they become your favorite attire.

You WILL get used to the frame lines and what seems awkward at first will become second nature.

Gary

R

Rogwp

I have to agree with you about the frame lines; they are only a guide. With more use you get used to framing the shot. I shoot with a 12mm and 18mm lens without using an external viewfinder (o.k., for the first frame I do, but just to get my brain into "that" mode. A few peeks at the LCD screen and off I go.) Roger