The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R future (cross post)

S

sirvine

I wonder if the $8,995 15mm/2.8 ASPH Leica R is really better than the 1800$ Nikon 14-24/2.8, at least to the point where it is still worth the use a prime.
As a G mount lens, isn't the 14-24 limited to use on Nikon bodies? I know there is a lot of excitement about the high ISO performance of the D3, but it still plays to the plastic-fantastic, smeared detail look. Leica is the only non-MF platform that does the kind of detail that you want for an ultrawide, IMHO.

woodyspedden

There is a G-EOS adapter (www.16-9.net) available - or you can make your own.
Hey Rob

It is unclear as to whether there is really a G to EOS adapter. I ordered and paid for mine some months back and have not received the adapter nor any communications regarding it. Not really concerned about Husband, he seems a reliable guy. But having said that those considering using this option should be sure the adapter is available.

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Why kill yourself is my thought. I really hated the adapter solution but it did serve it's purpose and I'm so glad to get away from that . Not sure i really will ever go back to it .

Maggie O

I went looking for info on the DMR but couldn't find any on Leica's website. Is it an abandoned product now?

robsteve

Subscriber
I went looking for info on the DMR but couldn't find any on Leica's website. Is it an abandoned product now?
It was a limited edition first run and sold out :) Imakon made the first batch of 5,000 and when Imakon and Hasselblad merged I doubt they were interested in making more.

If you follow the links to download info, you will come up with the page with all the DMR info:

http://en.leica-camera.com/service/downloads/single_lens_reflex_cameras/digital-modul-r/index.html

Last edited: