The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S/H digilux2

D

D upton-Hackett.

Hi can you help.
hope this Q is in the right forum, here goes.

have a chance to buy a mint condition Digi 2.
Hardly used and recently back from the fitting of a new sensor and calibration at Leica UK under warranty.

This belongs to a keen armature photographer comes boxed with complete original bundle.

Price around £550.comments please.

Thanks in anticipation, Derek.

Terry

I think it is too expensive. It is a brilliant camera that will give some wonderful results but you could probably do better. Have you checked the prices of completed auctions on ebay?

D

D upton-Hackett.

I think it is too expensive. It is a brilliant camera that will give some wonderful results but you could probably do better. Have you checked the prices of completed auctions on ebay?
Yes 2 were from dealers none were as complete. with one not knowing anything of sensor change. and the other showing dents/scratches both around £450.

So it's take a chance time.

Derek.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Derek,

I have never owned this camera but those that have/do seem to like it very much. Having said that though things have moved on a lot since that model was released and I personally would suggest for that amount of money you could get more with a newer camera.

Good luck with your decision.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Thanks all.
No more fifing around i should know better at my age, so going to save a few more ££££
and buy the DP2. witch i wanted in the first instance.

Derek.

Terry

If you want the size of the DP2 I would also see what the new Panasonic GF1 has to offer. It should be announced soon. While the IQ of the Foveon is great in certain conditions for me it isn't flexible enough. If it shoots your shooting and that's what you really wanted then I would save. If I had to chose today between a Digilux 2 and a G1 I would take the G1. If they made an updated version of the Digilux 2 with the same body and same lens but with today's sensor and EVF then it would be a very compelling camera.

Hope that all makes sense.

D

D upton-Hackett.

TEBnewyork.

Just read your response thank you and will look at the G1.
Still like the Leica and Pany equivalent though. Decisions Decisions.