The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

why are people so sure of an m9?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think the real kicker will be finding out when a new M will actually hit the streets. It's one thing to announce but another to deliver (I'm in software, we're experts at this :D ).

If it's what has been rumoured (i.e. FF & no UV/IR - 18mp is nice too), and it will ship before then end of 2009 then I've got cash waiting to go Leica's way for a new camera. If it's not going to ship until 2010 then my money is more likely to go towards glass, but probably not new. In one case Leica sees my cash (albeit via the dealer), but the other might mean that a private individual or a dealer only would see it.

Last edited:
R

Ranger 9

Well on 9/09/09 at 9am we will ALL know!
9 am in what time zone? I need to know so I can set the alarm early if necessary.

If the rumors turn out to be true, I'll want to start digesting the details immediately, since I'm interested in camera technology and how they solved the problems of M flange distances on a 36x24 sensor should be technologically fascinating.

And if the rumors turn out to be rumors, I'll want to be up early so I can start saying "Neener, neener" to you guys...

[Yes, if the rumors turn out to be true, you can say "Neener, neener" to me, too. I'll be as happy as anyone if Leica can pull this off, even though there's no way I'll ever be able to afford one of these things.]

doug

...I'm interested in camera technology and how they solved the problems of M flange distances on a 36x24 sensor should be technologically fascinating.
It's technology developed for the S2. Kodak figured out how to sandwich the IR filter between the sensor and the microlenses, hence light reaching the IR filter is more perpendicular to the sensor plane.

R

Ranger 9

Golly, an American company figuring out something besides how to pay its CEO a bigger bonus? What a concept!

monza

Now now. ;) Quick - name an American company that pays their CEO only a dollar salary, and donates his stock options to two company foundations.

First one with the right answer gets a free Leica poster.

Terry

$1 CEOs are:

Steve Jobs
Google's top two
the interim head of AIG

as for the foundations for options ?????